Error in Mouse Scroll Wheel (Vista only!)

VA Smalltalk is a "100% VisualAge compatible" IDE that includes the original VisualAge technology and the popular VA Assist and WidgetKit add-ons.

Moderators: Eric Clayberg, wembley, tc, Diane Engles, solveig

Error in Mouse Scroll Wheel (Vista only!)

Postby Martin » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:57 am

The mouse scroll wheel goody is a very nice feature. Now trying VAST on Vista I got an error that "OSComposite does not understand wmScroll:with:"

Implementing wmScroll:with: in OSComposite as empty method all things seem to work well.

Because of the fact that I am not familiar with the event handling on the OS level it would be nice if anybody could have a look to this problem if this fix is a valid fix or it is a disimprovement.
Martin

Postby tc » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:09 pm

Hello,

Actually, I believe that is being actively worked on but the person doing it is on vacation this week. I am sure he will respond when he is back though.

--tc
tc

Mouse Scroll Wheel support as a goodie

Postby jtuchel » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:08 am

BTW: are there any plans to include scroll wheel support as part of the product?
jtuchel
[|]

Postby tc » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:51 am

Yes, that is being worked on with the issue being, getting it to work on all supported platforms.

There is a 1.0 version of the mouse scroll wheel app that works well on XP (well means it works in all st windows), and may do the same with vista. Since I can't do attachments here, send mail to vast-support@instantiations.com and ask for version 1.0 of the mouse wheel support.

This works on Wiindows only.

--tc
tc

Postby wembley » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:40 am

Windows mousewheel support for scrolling (not for zooming) will be included in the next release. The support has been tested on Windows Vista with no identified problems.

Since OSWidget implements wmScroll:with:, there should be no need to implement it in any OSWidget subclass (such as OSComposite). If you can reporduce this problem, please send the walkback.log file, together with a description of what window/widget you were trying to scroll when you observed the problem, to vast-support@instantiations.com.
John O'Keefe [|], Principal Smalltalk Architect, Instantiations Inc.
wembley

Return to VA Smalltalk 7.0, 7.5 & 8.0