New installation wishful ?

VA Smalltalk is a "100% VisualAge compatible" IDE that includes the original VisualAge technology and the popular VA Assist and WidgetKit add-ons.

Moderators: Eric Clayberg, wembley, tc, Diane Engles, solveig

New installation wishful ?

Postby marten » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:14 am

Now doing development under Vista I would like to see enhancements with the installation:

- the pure installation just put data into the directory under "Program", which may be used to create standalone environment.

- each user can do its own local installation - similiar as under Unix. But also with its own "bin", "nls", "images" etc ....

And all these installation configurations can not only be done by manually editing of all the configuration files, but also using additional GUI-tools.

An additional "bin" directory might be useful, if someone is interfacing a library (dll), additional "nls" or "images" could be useful to create a standalone environment - also a standalone "ics" ....

What I have done now under Vista - I copy nearly all of the stuff manually from the installation directory and copy it into a "free" directory and work from that directory.
marten
[|]

Return to VA Smalltalk 7.0, 7.5 & 8.0