Not happy ...

VA Smalltalk is a "100% VisualAge compatible" IDE that includes the original VisualAge technology and the popular VA Assist and WidgetKit add-ons.

Moderators: Eric Clayberg, wembley, tc, Diane Engles, solveig

Not happy ...

Postby marten » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:13 pm

I just want to say here, that I'm not satisfied with the way, how error reports are handled. I've posted several bugs here and from all these bugs I do not know, if these bugs have reached the developers, what the state of the error is (denied or accepted), how they will be solved (if they will be solved), how many other known bugs there are ? I do not get concrete bug id numbers. Are workarounds known ? When will workarounds be available !?

This is pretty much the same with IBM in the past, ok - but actually lots of free projects out there have shown, how it can be made much more developer friendly ?

I like to post (and read) error descriptions here, because other developers can follow and read these problems ... for lots of the errors mentioned in this newsgroup I do not see answers from the developers.

And it is pretty time consuming for me, to maintain my own product error database. Actually I never got a message (neither from IBM): hey, your error has been fixed. Here is the workaround.

Marten
marten
[|]

Return to VA Smalltalk 7.0, 7.5 & 8.0