Server Runtime - VisualSmalltalk

VA Smalltalk is a "100% VisualAge compatible" IDE that includes the original VisualAge technology and the popular VA Assist and WidgetKit add-ons.

Moderators: Eric Clayberg, wembley, tc, Diane Engles, solveig

Server Runtime - VisualSmalltalk

Postby marten » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:21 pm

I was never aware of this. The "Server Runtime" contains all files needed to support VisualSmalltalk IDE applications ??????? What is the story behind this ?

Server Runtime — This is the runtime support needed for deploying Smalltalk server applications developed using a Visual Smalltalk client IDE. There is no formal install program for Server Runtime. You simply use tar (UNIX) or unzip (Windows, OS/2) to unpack the runtime files.
marten
[|]

Postby solveig » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:47 pm

Marten,

The Server Runtime is a set of generic resources required by a packaged runtime image. It is provided as a convenience to facilitate deploying an application as a runtime image.

To use it, unzip the file, then add the files generated by packaging your application into the directy structure.

Solveig
solveig

Postby marten » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:09 pm

solveig wrote:Marten,

The Server Runtime is a set of generic resources required by a packaged runtime image. It is provided as a convenience to facilitate deploying an application as a runtime image.

To use it, unzip the file, then add the files generated by packaging your application into the directy structure.

Solveig

For VisualSmalltalk ?
marten
[|]

Postby solveig » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:01 am

marten wrote:For VisualSmalltalk ?

For VA Smalltalk.
solveig

Postby marten » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:48 am

solveig wrote:
marten wrote:For VisualSmalltalk ?

For VA Smalltalk.

Hmm, then you should correct your WWW-pages ... see my first posting in this thread ...
marten
[|]

Postby solveig » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:27 pm

Marten,

Yes, I asked our web-site administrator to update the content. It mentions VA Smalltalk now.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Solveig
solveig

Where is this "server runtime" ?

Postby Hal » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:04 am

solveig wrote:

Solveig

Where is this "server runtime"?
I found the page with the list of required files, but, if they are already packaged, I'd rather use the existing package instead of making my own.
Hal

Re: Where is this "server runtime" ?

Postby marten » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:20 am

Hal wrote:Where is this "server runtime"?
I found the page with the list of required files, but, if they are already packaged, I'd rather use the existing package instead of making my own.

You may find the downloads at http://www.instantiations.com/VAST/download/index.html named "Server" for each supported platform.
marten
[|]

Return to VA Smalltalk 7.0, 7.5 & 8.0