tabPanel issues

GWT Designer allows you to quickly create the modules, composites, panels, remote services and other elements that comprise Google Web Tookit applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

tabPanel issues

Postby rueyfarn » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:36 am

two issues I have seen in the beta release:

1) I can not figure out how to use GWT Designer UI to select a tab for initial display after I design a tabPanel with 3 tabs. I have to go to the generated source code and add a call like this "tabPanel.selectTab(0);"
to make it happen.

Without this, when the application is run, none of the tab is selected initially.

2) without editing the generated CSS file and take it as default, when viewing the tabPanel in the browser(hosted or web mode), the tabPanel has no border. It seems to me the GWT Designer generated default CSS file is missing the definition of .gwt-TabPanelBottom. After I edited the CSS file by adding this definition, the border becomes visible.

.gwt-TabPanelBottom {
border-left: 1px solid #87B3FF;
border-right: 1px solid #87B3FF;
border-top: 1px solid #87B3FF;
border-bottom: 1px solid #87B3FF;
}

I understand that CSS support is work in progress, I just want to report what I see in the beta release.
rueyfarn

Re: tabPanel issues

Postby Konstantin.Scheglov » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:50 pm

rueyfarn wrote:two issues I have seen in the beta release:

1) I can not figure out how to use GWT Designer UI to select a tab for initial display after I design a tabPanel with 3 tabs. I have to go to the generated source code and add a call like this "tabPanel.selectTab(0);"
to make it happen.

Without this, when the application is run, none of the tab is selected initially.

Done, now Designer will generate selectTab(0) when you add first widget and remove it when you remove last widget.

rueyfarn wrote:2) without editing the generated CSS file and take it as default, when viewing the tabPanel in the browser(hosted or web mode), the tabPanel has no border. It seems to me the GWT Designer generated default CSS file is missing the definition of .gwt-TabPanelBottom. After I edited the CSS file by adding this definition, the border becomes visible.

.gwt-TabPanelBottom {
border-left: 1px solid #87B3FF;
border-right: 1px solid #87B3FF;
border-top: 1px solid #87B3FF;
border-bottom: 1px solid #87B3FF;
}

I understand that CSS support is work in progress, I just want to report what I see in the beta release.

Well, current CSS is just example that we use to show that CSS works, it is not intended to be full or useful for all. I've tweaked CSS for TabPanel, so you can try new version (create new module using it) and check may be it is better for you. BTW, if you know CSS and think that have good taste you can create your own set of styles and send them to us. ;-)
Konstantin.Scheglov

Return to GWT Designer