Intellisense not seems to be working after new update

GWT Designer allows you to quickly create the modules, composites, panels, remote services and other elements that comprise Google Web Tookit applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Intellisense not seems to be working after new update

Postby vsmahesh » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:47 pm

Hi,

I have updated Google Plugin for Eclipse 3.5 (Google Plugin for Eclipse 3.5 2.2.0.v201102111810 com.google.gdt.eclipse.suite.e35.feature.feature.group) last day; and now I noticed that the intellisense on the ui.xml is not working properly.

Prvsly, I can add any widget simply using the Ctrl + D followed by the first few letters and then and finally an enter key. This was so easy because, this will add the proper namespace and widget opening and closing elements to the xml. But now, the list of widgets are showing, but the enter key press doesn't insert the selected widget.

This make development a little slow :(

note: the intellisense for the .java files is working fine.
vsmahesh

Re: Intellisense not seems to be working after new update

Postby Eric Clayberg » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:30 am

We will have this fixed for the next GPE & GWT Designer update.

A work around is to open the UiBinder file using "Open With > UiBinder Template Editor" rather than WindowBuilder/GWT Designer. Basically, that means that you can either edit the UiBinder file in text mode w/o GWT Designer and have working auto-complete, or you can edit the file graphically using GWT Designer (and likely not even need auto-complete as all of the XML is generated for you).
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to GWT Designer