Layout problem with GWT Designer for SmartGWT

GWT Designer allows you to quickly create the modules, composites, panels, remote services and other elements that comprise Google Web Tookit applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Layout problem with GWT Designer for SmartGWT

Postby Olivercomputing » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:59 pm

I am using GWT Designer for SmartGWT (v2.2), on OS X 10.6.4, 64 bit JVM with Eclipse Helios (and also have a license with active support.)

I've attached a clipped screenshot of the problem I'm having. I am not combining stock GWT widgets, these are all SmartGWT widgets.

The region highlighted in pink represents the borders of placed widgets which are incorrectly displayed (in terms of visibility, and in terms of positioning and sometimes size). I tried to capture the relevant layout hierarchy in the shot. The line shows where the widgets should be positioned - in the upper left corner of the tab area. The actual running program correctly positions and sizes the widgets based on the layout containers.

This is one of a number of examples of layout problems with SmartGWT but I am hoping that there's a common denominator.

Also, compared to my experiments with Ext JS, the editor is *very* sluggish with SmartGWT. Is there a reason for that?

SmartGWT_grab_2010-06-29a.jpg
SmartGWT_grab_2010-06-29a.jpg (159.93 KiB) Viewed 478 times
Olivercomputing

Re: Layout problem with GWT Designer for SmartGWT

Postby Alexander.Mitin » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:38 am

Please give us self-contained test case with which we can reproduce the problem -- it's hard to do something using screenshot only. Thank you.
Alexander Mitin
Alexander.Mitin

Re: Layout problem with GWT Designer for SmartGWT

Postby Eric Clayberg » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:41 am

Olivercomputing wrote:compared to my experiments with Ext JS, the editor is *very* sluggish with SmartGWT. Is there a reason for that?

In our own testing SmartGWT is 2-3X slower than GXT, so you will see that reflected in the editor as well (since we use each toolkit to do its own WYSIWYG rendering).
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to GWT Designer