source path

GWT Designer allows you to quickly create the modules, composites, panels, remote services and other elements that comprise Google Web Tookit applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

source path

Postby edross » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:21 am

I have two eclipse projects - one with the data model and the other with GWT items. I would like to use many classes of the data model project inside of my GWT project.

What is the correct method to accomplish this goal. Here is what I've tried.

1 - Include the model project as part of the build path on the GWT project
2 - Modify the gwt.xml file to include a path statement

Ive tried
<source path="com.cc.model" />
or
<source path="com/cc/model"
or
<public path="com.cc.model"/>

Seems no mater what I put there I get a stack trace

com.instantiations.designer.core.utils.exception.DesignerException: 4102 (Error loading module(s).).
at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.model.widgets.support.GWTState.initialize(GWTState.java:200)
at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.model.widgets.support.GWTState.<init>(GWTState.java:164)
at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.parser.ParseFactory.getClassLoader(ParseFactory.java:392)
at com.instantiations.designer.core.parser.AbstractParseFactory.initializeClassLoader(AbstractParseFactory.java:685)
at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.parser.ParseFactory.getRootContext(ParseFactory.java:99)
at com.instantiations.designer.core.parser.JavaInfoParser.prepareParseContext(JavaInfoParser.java:909)
at com.instantiations.designer.core.parser.JavaInfoParser.parse(JavaInfoParser.java:219)
at com.instantiations.designer.core.parser.JavaInfoParser.access$9(JavaInfoParser.java:216)
at com.instantiations.designer.core.parser.JavaInfoParser$1.runObject(JavaInfoParser.java:140)
at com.instantiations.designer.core.parser.JavaInfoParser$1.runObject(JavaInfoParser.java:1)
at com.instantiations.designer.core.utils.execution.ExecutionUtils.runDesignTime(ExecutionUtils.java:99)
at com.instantiations.designer.core.parser.JavaInfoParser.parse(JavaInfoParser.java:138)
at com.instantiations.designer.core.editor.DesignPage.internal_refreshGEF(DesignPage.java:426)
at com.instantiations.designer.core.editor.DesignPage.access$9(DesignPage.java:418)
at com.instantiations.designer.core.editor.DesignPage$7$1.run(DesignPage.java:349)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:179)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:150)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4312)
at com.instantiations.designer.core.editor.DesignPage$7.run(DesignPage.java:346)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:464)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:372)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:507)
at com.instantiations.designer.core.editor.DesignPage.internal_refreshGEF_withProgress(DesignPage.java:367)
at com.instantiations.designer.core.editor.DesignPage.internal_refreshGEF(DesignPage.java:316)
at com.instantiations.designer.core.editor.UndoManager.refreshDesignerEditor(UndoManager.java:448)
at com.instantiations.designer.core.editor.DesignPage.refreshGEF(DesignPage.java:302)
at com.instantiations.designer.core.editor.actions.RefreshAction.run(RefreshAction.java:34)
edross

Re: source path

Postby Eric Clayberg » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:41 am

Does your code actually run in GWT hosted mode? GWT Designer does not impose any requirements on your project structure beyond those required by GWT itself. If your project and dependencies are set up correctly from GWT's point of view, GWT Designer should be fine with it as well.

In general, we need to see an actual test case and your complete Eclipse ".log" file and ".gwt-log" file. That exception fragment doesn't tell us anything.

It is best to click the "Contact Support" button in the error window and submit the case that way.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to GWT Designer