"No required GXT resources" error

GWT Designer allows you to quickly create the modules, composites, panels, remote services and other elements that comprise Google Web Tookit applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

"No required GXT resources" error

Postby michaelvogt » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:16 am

Hello.

I installed the beta of GWT-Designer on Ubuntu 9.10 with Eclipse 3.5, and it seems to me, the install went through without problems.

When I now click on the Design tab of a component file, GWT-Designer starts loading but shows me the following error:

No required GXT resources

It advices me to use the "Configure for using GXT" action, which seems to add a inherit element to the module file, which is already present there. Anything else I should do to get it running?

We use GWT 2.0 and GXT 2.1.

GWT-Designer works with a test project based on GWT 1.7.1

Thanks,
Michael Vogt
michaelvogt

Re: "No required GXT resources" error

Postby Eric Clayberg » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:50 am

GXT requires a number of its own resource files to be present in order to run properly. Simply inheriting the GXT module is not enough.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Postby michaelvogt » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:22 am

Hello.

Thank you for your answer.

The application as such runs without problems, and I can use GXT just fine. So I guess all the resources of GXT are available to the application.

Even when I run the action "Configure for using GXT" to the module file, I get the same error.

I just updated to 7.3, which gives me the same error.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks,
Michael Vogt
michaelvogt

Postby Konstantin.Scheglov » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:03 am

GWT Designer checks that module has "gxt-*.css" file in required CSS files.
When module is configured for GXT, GWTD adds following line into your HTML page:
Code: Select all
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="ExtGWT/css/gxt-all.css">

So, if we can not find this file in resource, we show error.

We may need to see your project to diagnose problem.
Can you send it to wb-support@instantiations.com ?
Konstantin.Scheglov

Postby michaelvogt » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:07 am

Hello.

Thanks for your answer.

The css file is referenced in my html file. The only difference seems to be, that you call the resource folder from GXT "ExtGWT", and I leave it's name as it is in the GXT folder, "resources". Can it be that you just look a the folder named "ExtGWT" with version 7.3?

As I said, having the GXT resources folder called "resources" works for projects using GWT 1.7.

Greetings,
Michael Vogt
michaelvogt

Postby Konstantin.Scheglov » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:21 am

If your HTML file references this CSS using name "resources", then it also should work (I've tested this).
Would be good to see your project.
We don't need Java classes, but all other things like project structure, location of resources, etc may help.
Konstantin.Scheglov

Postby michaelvogt » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:59 am

Hi.

Looks like this is solved. I have the habit to have HTML-files all lowercase. Seems to me, that GWT-Designer looks for the HTML-file case sensitively. So, works now for me.

If I had a wish, I would like to see GWT-Designer to look up the HTML-file case-insensitively.

Thanks,
Michael Vogt
michaelvogt

Postby Eric Clayberg » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:15 am

In the latest GWT Designer 7.3 build, we will now read the "web.xml" file to get the HTML file from the "welcome-file" element. If it is not found, then we will try to find the HTML file with the default name.
Eric Clayberg
Google

Eric Clayberg

Postby parasmk » Sun May 16, 2010 9:35 pm

I am having same problem with latest build of GWTD 7.4.0 on Windows XP. None of the suggestions in the thread worked.

I have "resources/css/gxt-*.css" files, and its reference in main HTML file (also in <welcome-file> of web.xml) is correct.

Additional info: My application is built using MVP4G framework, and running fine on all browsers. It's just a problem when I try to open my "view" java file using GWTD.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Paras
parasmk

Postby Eric Clayberg » Mon May 17, 2010 4:11 am

If you set up your project using the "Configure for using GXT" command, it should work fine.

Feel free to send us a test case at any time.
Eric Clayberg
Google

Eric Clayberg

Postby kirtcathey » Sun May 30, 2010 3:29 pm

I get the same error no matter what I do..... get alot of errors with all these products.
Hmmmm.... Using a Mac, Eclipse Gallileo, and GWT 2.0.
Says cannot find gxt-.css .... and frankly, I cannot find it either. I did use the configure for GXT function, but does not operate as Eric so casually replies.
Instead of just replying with 'it should work' and since we cannot rely on the parser 100% of the time, or, in my case even 70% of the time, can somebody reply
with what should go exactly where in standards mode, and where in non-standards mode? Wouldn't that serve a greater customer service purpose?
kirtcathey

Postby kirtcathey » Sun May 30, 2010 4:15 pm

Answered my own question..... read carefully the 'setup.txt' file that comes with GWT. Confirm the paths in the project .xml file (not the web.xml file).
A couple Eclipse crashes later, all should work fine.... tinkering gets it working, eventually.
kirtcathey

Postby Eric Clayberg » Sun May 30, 2010 6:50 pm

I have used the "Configure for using GXT" command many times, and it has worked every time. It basically follows the same steps outlined in the GXT installation instructions found in setup.txt.

As stated to the prior poster, feel free to send us a test case at any time. With out that, I would not even try to guess what is wrong with your project or why the "Configure for using GXT" command might not work in your case.

I should also be more clear in pointing out that GXT is not our product, and we do not impose any restrictions on it. You are certainly not required to use the "Configure for using GXT" command in order to use GXT with GWT Designer. If you have followed the instructions for setting up GXT that are provided with GXT itself, you should not have any problems either. if you are having problems with either using or setting up GXT, the first and best source for help concerning GXT should always be the GXT forums maintained by the GXT authors themselves.
Eric Clayberg
Google

Eric Clayberg

Return to GWT Designer