GWT Designer instability on MacOS

GWT Designer allows you to quickly create the modules, composites, panels, remote services and other elements that comprise Google Web Tookit applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

GWT Designer instability on MacOS

Postby kulnor » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:56 am

Have been using the GWT designed for a couple of months now but recently (couple of week) started to experience instabilities when starting the designer. I'm ruiing on running on Mac OS X 10.6.1 and using Eclipse Ganymede (3.4) with the following plugins: GWT 1.7.1.v200909230239, GWT Designer 7.2.0.200911151320, GWt DesignerCore 7.2.0.200911131249
Symptoms includes:
- freeze during "Initializing GWT Hosted Mode" (have to kill Eclipse process)
- if this goes through, various exception pages after starting up (designed UI is never displayed)
- when it does start, some views do not seem to refresh right away (i.e. I have to hover or click and element in the hierarchy view to display children)
This occurs even with newly created or very simple composites.
I suspect something went wrong in my config or plugins but can seem to find a fix. Tired to uninstall/reinstal GWT Designer or delete the workspace .metadata. Anyone else having similar issue? I have been suggested to switch to Eclipse Galileo 3.5 but this is not trivial (upgrade, reinstall plugins, etc.) and we use 3.4 company wide.
Any help/suggestion would be appreciated.
thanks
*K
kulnor

Re: GWT Designer instability on MacOS

Postby Eric Clayberg » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:21 am

We have not had any major problems with Eclipse 3.4 although the Carbon version of Eclipse has never been very stable (thus the suggestion to use the Cocoa version).

Have you tried a brand new, clean Eclipse 3.4 installation with a new workspace?
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to GWT Designer