Debugging / Debug configuration

GWT Designer allows you to quickly create the modules, composites, panels, remote services and other elements that comprise Google Web Tookit applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Debugging / Debug configuration

Postby rernst » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:23 pm

I am a bit confused I presume due to the differences between the GWT Designer setup and the native GWT setup. I am trying to debug my app which runs just fine in hosted mode. So I decided to set a breakpoint in a couple of places to poke around and then start it using the standard Eclipse Debug setup. However, it would appear that the app always starts in run mode. Can I not set any breakpoints in hosted mode (my understanding was that I could). Pardon my ignorance - having read a number of books I am still very new to actual practice.

Scouring Google's site I only find that 'I can log messages' under 'Debugging'. Surely I can stop and step through the code?

I am not talking about the servlet code (a setup that seems to require other steps that depending on which web site you wander onto can be highly complex or trivial). I am trying to debug what in non-hosted mode would be Javascript.

Am I missing something?
rernst

Re: Debugging / Debug configuration

Postby Konstantin.Scheglov » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:12 am

This is bug in one of the JDK 1.6 version, I don't remember exactly build 14 or 15.
AFAIK Sun already fixed it, so update to the latest JDK 1.6 build.
Konstantin.Scheglov

Return to GWT Designer