design fails w/css : NumberFormatException for input "6.5"

GWT Designer allows you to quickly create the modules, composites, panels, remote services and other elements that comprise Google Web Tookit applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

design fails w/css : NumberFormatException for input "6.5"

Postby vanort » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:27 pm

I'm unable to use the GUI tool on any widgets. Even a newly created, empty widget gives produces a WindowBuilder internal error when switching to design view. It works if I comment out my .css file. The error references a string "6.5", but grep turns up no such string anywhere in my project, including css.

Using Eclipse 3.5 with Sun Java 1.6 on Linux.
Registration info says Product Version: 7.1.0.200906301927[200906301927]

Tried uninstalling GWT designer (by removing com.instantiations.* from the plugins dir and reinstalling). The only solution I've found is to comment out the CSS, however I'd rather not have to do that each time I use GWT-designer..

WindowBuilder encountered unexpected internal error. Please contact support.

Stack trace:

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "6.5"
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:456)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:497)
at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.model.widgets.support.GWTState.getComputedStylePx(GWTState.java:624)
at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.model.widgets.support.GWTState.getMargins(GWTState.java:587)
at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.model.widgets.support.GWTState.getModelBounds(GWTState.java:487)
at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.model.widgets.UIObject_Info.refresh_fetch(UIObject_Info.java:208)
at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.model.widgets.panels.grid.HTMLTable_Info.refresh_fetch(HTMLTable_Info.java:185)
at com.instantiations.designer.core.model.ObjectInfo.refresh_fetch(ObjectInfo.java:491)
at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.model.widgets.UIObject_Info.refresh_fetch(UIObject_Info.java:238)
at com.instantiations.designer.core.model.ObjectInfo.refresh_fetch(ObjectInfo.java:491)
at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.model.widgets.UIObject_Info.refresh_fetch(UIObject_Info.java:238)
at com.instantiations.designer.core.model.ObjectInfo$4.run(ObjectInfo.java:391)
at com.instantiations.designer.core.utils.execution.ExecutionUtils.runDesignTime(ExecutionUtils.java:87)
at com.instantiations.designer.core.model.ObjectInfo.refresh(ObjectInfo.java:388)
at com.instantiations.designer.core.editor.DesignPage.internal_refreshGEF_withProgress(DesignPage.java:443)
at com.instantiations.designer.core.editor.DesignPage.access$800(DesignPage.java:57)
at com.instantiations.designer.core.editor.DesignPage$7$1.run(DesignPage.java:316)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:179)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:150)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4113)
vanort

Re: design fails w/css : NumberFormatException for input "6.5"

Postby Eric Clayberg » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:51 am

This exception (which was unique to GWT under Linux) was fixed a couple of weeks ago.

Please update to the latest v7.1 build and try it again.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to GWT Designer