HTML Files Disappear

GWT Designer allows you to quickly create the modules, composites, panels, remote services and other elements that comprise Google Web Tookit applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

HTML Files Disappear

Postby mcarr » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:52 pm

I am using:
gwt-windows-1.6.4
Eclipse 3.4
GWT Designer (WindowBuilder Pro Version 7.1.0 build id: {0}) 7.1.0.200906250933 == Time Trial ==
Sun Java JDK 1.6

I create a project New->Project
select WindowBuilder/GWT Designer/GWT Java Project
I also allow it to create a Module.

Once everything is done I have a working application, under the war file have the folder com.mycompany.project.ImageViewer, and under it I have multiple gif files, ImageViewer.css and ImageViewer.html. If right click on the project and select Run As->Compile GWT Application, the contents in the folder com.mycompany.project.ImageViewer are replaced with other files:
gwt/
*.cache.html
*.cache.png
clear.cache.gif
com.mycompany.project.ImageViewer.nocache.js
hosted.html

If I try and run the application using Run As->GWT Application, the Edit Configuration dialog box comes up, in it there is an error "Module HTML com.mycompany.project.ImageViewer/ImageViewer.html does not exist". Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to recreated the ImageViewer.html files?
mcarr

Re: HTML Files Disappear

Postby Eric Clayberg » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:55 pm

Please give it a try using the very latest GWT Designer v7.1 build.

For the existing project move the gif files, ImageViewer.css and ImageViewer.html files out of the /war/com.mycompany.project.ImageViewer folder to the root of the /war folder.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to GWT Designer