Possible Bug with GUI Alignment Tools

GWT Designer allows you to quickly create the modules, composites, panels, remote services and other elements that comprise Google Web Tookit applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Possible Bug with GUI Alignment Tools

Postby scarlson » Sat May 30, 2009 11:15 am

Hello All,

I'm currently using:
Eclipse
Version: 3.4.2
Build id: M20090211-1700

GWTDesigner 7.0.0.200905220638

Working on a growing project and running into some issues with the vertical and horizontal alignment tools. (left,center,right,top,center,bottom).
I'd like to add quickly, that I tried the following in an empty gwt module and everything operated as expected.

In the larger project I see the following...
------------------------------------------------------------
When using Horizontal Alignment tools (all of them) The following happens iteratively:
Highlight two objects and horizontally alight them (keep the same object anchored and step through)
1st Time: The Moving Object overshoots the Anchored Object ALWAYS by 2px. The vertical coordinate of the Moving object will also decrease by 2px.
2nd Time: Horizontal will stay constant (at its overshoot point 2px away), but now the vertical coordinate again decreases by 2px.
3rd: repeat 2nd Time.

When using Vertical Alignment tools (all of them) The following happens iteratively:
Highlight two objects and vertically alight them (keep the same object anchored and step through)
1st Time: The Moving Object overshoots the Anchored Object ALWAYS by 2px. The horizontal coordinate of the Moving object will also decrease by 2px.
2nd Time: Vertical will stay constant (at its overshoot point 2px away), but now the horizontal coordinate again decreases by 2px.
3rd: repeat 2nd Time.
-----------------------------------------------
Has anyone seen these symptoms?

Like I said above, in a clean project, all of these symptoms go away...

Should I file a bug report? I will mention that my code block for all of the gui elements isn't the most organized, I noticed in the new version
of GWTDesigner that you are now bracing widgets for parsing/organization purposes?? So I have a mix of braced/non-braced objects ( I started the project in GWTDesigner 6.9, and also this is because I have made them private data members so that they can be accessed from other areas..

Thanks in Advance,
SCarlson
scarlson

Re: Possible Bug with GUI Alignment Tools

Postby Eric Clayberg » Sun May 31, 2009 3:45 am

We were not able to reproduce this. Are you using any modified or unusual CSS styles?

It would be helpful to see a small, self-contained test project where this happens.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to GWT Designer