Workbench won't load after crash.

GWT Designer allows you to quickly create the modules, composites, panels, remote services and other elements that comprise Google Web Tookit applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Workbench won't load after crash.

Postby sduensin » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:41 pm

I've been using the trial of GWT Designer, and other than this one really annoying issue, I really like it! Here's the problem... While using the designer, either I do something to make it mad or it just blows up. This isn't a big deal, other than when I go to reload my workspace, it hangs Eclipse.

There's a ton of details in the log, so rather than trying to mention it all here, I'll just attach the file from my last attempt to run Eclipse.

Help! Thanks!

Scott
Attachments
crash.log
Eclipse Startup Log
(54.64 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
sduensin

Re: Workbench won't load after crash.

Postby Eric Clayberg » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:41 pm

Assuming you are using Eclipse 3.4, try deleting/replacing the /configuration and /p2 directories in your Eclipse directory with the corresponding directories from your Eclipse distribution file.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Postby sduensin » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:40 pm

Eric Clayberg wrote:Assuming you are using Eclipse 3.4, try deleting/replacing the /configuration and /p2 directories in your Eclipse directory with the corresponding directories from your Eclipse distribution file.

I did that. Eclipse loaded, but GWT Designer was no longer available. I restored the original configuration and p2 folders and then deleted the .metadata folder from my workspace. Eclipse loads and then I have to create a new GWT project from an existing project. After that, it works again. It's just a royal pain.

But I bought a subscription to GWT Designer anyway. :D

Scott
sduensin

Postby Konstantin.Scheglov » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:10 am

This happens sometimes for me.
Solution - delete this file:
workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.ui.workbench\workbench.xml

You will loose perspectives, views, etc.
But your project and settings will be not affected.
Konstantin.Scheglov

Return to GWT Designer