Designer 5.1 Issues:

GWT Designer allows you to quickly create the modules, composites, panels, remote services and other elements that comprise Google Web Tookit applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Designer 5.1 Issues:

Postby alex.d » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:47 pm

Have some troubles working in designer mode because Designer tries to make my RPC-calls. That's strange because i have all my RPC-calls in:

if (!isDesignTime()) {
}
// Implement the following method exactly as-is
private static final boolean isDesignTime() {
return false;
}

It happens not in the actuall class with RPC-call, but in the one that instantiates it.
alex.d

Re: Designer 5.1 Issues:

Postby Eric Clayberg » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:48 am

Give this a try with the latest v5.1.0 build.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Postby alex.d » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:08 am

alex.d

Postby Eric Clayberg » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:55 am

alex.d wrote:Can i find the latest build here?
http://download.instantiations.com/GWTD ... 32_x86.exe

Yes.
Eric Clayberg
Google

Eric Clayberg

Postby alex.d » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:00 pm

Yep! It works. I've been testing it the last days and besides this small issue, it works very stable! Thank you guys for good work!
alex.d

Postby Eric Clayberg » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:42 am

alex.d wrote:Yep! It works. I've been testing it the last days and besides this small issue, it works very stable! Thank you guys for good work!

Keeping testing. I'm sure there are still a few nits left in there. ;-)

We hope to roll out OSX support in the next few days.
Eric Clayberg
Google

Eric Clayberg

Postby alex.d » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:37 am

Here is smth: it's not really an issue - more an observation. I'm using ext-gwt and have a class extending LayoutContainer:
public class VehiclesTable extends LayoutContainer
{
protected void onRender(Element parent, int pos)
{
super.onRender(parent, pos);
}
}

It can't be rendered in the designer view(no typical structure, no composite, no constructor etc.). But when i include this in another class, i can actually see it rendered correctly. So even if Designer can't provide full functional designer view with access to all components, it would probably make sense to render it the same way - just as an "image".
alex.d

Postby Eric Clayberg » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:35 am

When you use a component in layout, Designer instantiates that component just like any other component. Assuming that the component does not throw an exception when instantiated, it should display just as it would when running live.

When you edit a component, the class is parsed using Designer's reverse-engineering parser. If the class is a UI type that Designer understands and it follows patterns that Designer recognizes (which is a very large number), it will be displayed in the Deisgn view with full editing support. Any components used in the design will be instantiated and any properties found in the source will be applied in the order they are encountered. The parser generally starts with the class constructor or other known entry methods and traces through looking for any UI code. Non-UI code, conditional code, code in loops, etc. is ignored.

Thus, the process of using a component is much, much simpler as Designer doesn't really need to know much about a used component other than its size and location. The actual image of the component is rendered by the local browser just like all of the other widgets.
Eric Clayberg
Google

Eric Clayberg

Postby alex.d » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:42 am

Thus, the process of using a component is much, much simpler as Designer doesn't really need to know much about a used component other than its size and location. The actual image of the component is rendered by the local browser just like all of the other widgets.

Yes i know. So the idea was - if you can't parse the class - just render it(better then showing : "... unable to find any UI in your source..." :wink: )
alex.d

Postby Eric Clayberg » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:34 am

GWT Designer knows how to edit subclasses of DialogBox, PopupPanel, Composite and EntryPoint. That's all.

It should not be used to directly edit widget or panel subclasses as those are not UI types that it understands.

Custom components that aggregate other components shoud be subclassed from Composite and not from a widget or panel type.
Eric Clayberg
Google

Eric Clayberg

Postby alex.d » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:31 am

Eric Clayberg wrote:Custom components that aggregate other components shoud be subclassed from Composite and not from a widget or panel type.

I was experimenting with different layouts combinations since a gwt-gxt layout mix doesn't always work well. Anyway, another question: why are the Debug/Run Settings of the application identic? I would like Run-shell to run on one port, and Debug-shell on another.
alex.d

Postby alex.d » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:58 am

And smth. else(though i'm not sure if that is designer related) concerning the "bin"-folder where all compiled java-classes are located. It's seems that compiler copies the src-folder to bin and afterwards compiles the classes. The issue is - my src-folder contains a lot of ".svn"-folders(i'm using SVN) and they are copied too. That confuses my SVN-client. Any way just necessary files (*.* | *.svn\) can be copied?
alex.d

Postby Eric Clayberg » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:24 am

alex.d wrote:why are the Debug/Run Settings of the application identic? I would like Run-shell to run on one port, and Debug-shell on another.

That is how Eclipse launch configurations work. In 99% cases, you need the same settings.

For the other 1% of cases, you can always create a separate launch configuration (maybe even just duplicate it from an existing one and tweak it).

alex.d wrote:And smth. else(though i'm not sure if that is designer related) concerning the "bin"-folder where all compiled java-classes are located. It's seems that compiler copies the src-folder to bin and afterwards compiles the classes. The issue is - my src-folder contains a lot of ".svn"-folders(i'm using SVN) and they are copied too. That confuses my SVN-client. Any way just necessary files (*.* | *.svn\) can be copied?

Definitely not a Designer issue. That would be a basic Eclipse issue or an SVN plugin issue.

I would presume that the docs for the SVN plugin would address this as it would be a generic issue for any Java project.

I don't us SVN, so I can't help you with that one.
Eric Clayberg
Google

Eric Clayberg

Postby alex.d » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:29 am

New issue:
Code: Select all
!ENTRY com.swtdesigner 4 4 2008-08-04 14:36:05.485
!MESSAGE Designer [6.7.0.200807242053]: unable to create new native thread

Product: GWT Designer Subscription
Version: 5.1.0.200807242312
Expected: Eclipse 3.3
Actual: Eclipse 3.3.100.v20070530
Actual Eclipse Build Name:
Actual Eclipse Build ID: M20080221-1800
IDE Actual Name: Eclipse SDK
IDE Actual Version: 3.3.3.r33x_r20080129
IDE Actual NL: de_DE
Serial Number: GWTDesignerSubscription-xxxxxxxxxx
Activation Key: GWTDesignerSubscription-xxxxxxxxxx
Physical Address: 00-1E-37-23-A5-9A, HardwareAddress[00-1F-3B-3F-30-95], HardwareAddress[00-1F-3A-DD-1B-E4]
Code Gen: Flat Mode, Use Existing, Top of Block, Make Final
Events: Anonymous Class
GWT Home: C:/Programme/gwt-windows-1.5.0
Platform Product: Eclipse SDK
Platform Version: 3.3.3.r33x_r20080129
OS Name: Windows XP
OS Architecture: x86
OS Version: 5.1

!STACK 0
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
   at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)
   at java.lang.Thread.start(Unknown Source)
   at com.swtdesigner.gwt.support.http.HttpServer.clientConnected(HttpServer.java:43)
   at com.swtdesigner.gwt.support.http.HttpServer.run(HttpServer.java:72)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2008-08-04 14:39:52.917
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
   at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)
   at java.lang.Thread.start(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.draw2d.internal.Timer.start(Timer.java:69)
   at org.eclipse.draw2d.internal.Timer.scheduleRepeatedly(Timer.java:65)
   at org.eclipse.draw2d.ToolTipHelper.displayToolTipNear(ToolTipHelper.java:91)
   at org.eclipse.draw2d.ToolTipHelper.updateToolTip(ToolTipHelper.java:150)
   at org.eclipse.draw2d.SWTEventDispatcher.setHoverSource(SWTEventDispatcher.java:485)
   at org.eclipse.draw2d.SWTEventDispatcher.updateHoverSource(SWTEventDispatcher.java:555)
   at org.eclipse.draw2d.SWTEventDispatcher.updateFigureUnderCursor(SWTEventDispatcher.java:528)
   at org.eclipse.draw2d.SWTEventDispatcher.receive(SWTEventDispatcher.java:337)
   at org.eclipse.draw2d.SWTEventDispatcher.dispatchMouseMoved(SWTEventDispatcher.java:225)
   at org.eclipse.gef.ui.parts.DomainEventDispatcher.dispatchMouseMoved(DomainEventDispatcher.java:323)
   at org.eclipse.draw2d.LightweightSystem$EventHandler.mouseMove(LightweightSystem.java:506)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:198)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:938)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3682)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3293)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2389)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2353)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2219)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$4.run(Workbench.java:466)
   at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:289)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:461)
   at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:106)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:169)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:106)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:76)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:363)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:176)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:508)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:447)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1173)

I'm not sure how to trigger this one - it just occurs randomly while normal working in designer modus.
alex.d

Postby xristy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:55 am

I am trying to use GWT-EXT 2.0.4 with the Mac OS X version of GWT-Designer 5.1 and am getting an unable to find any UI components type error when I switch to Design view. I've associated gwtext.jar in the buildpath property of the project and copied in the extjs 2.0.2 appropriately. The basis of the error seems to be:

Loading inherited module 'com.gwtext.GwtExt'
Module location: jar:file://Downloads/JavaTools/GWT/gwtext-2.0.4/gwtext.jar!/com/gwtext/GwtExt.gwt.xml
[ERROR] Unable to open resource: jar:file://Downloads/JavaTools/GWT/gwtext-2.0.4/gwtext.jar!/com/gwtext/GwtExt.gwt.xml

The jar is indeed in the above location and the /com/gwtext/GwtExt.gwt.xml is indeed in the jar.

The .gwt-log is:
Refreshing resources
Refreshing resources
Compiling Java source files in module 'org.tbrc.gwt.person02.PersonViewer'
   Removing units with errors
Finding entry point classes
Rebinding com.google.gwt.i18n.client.impl.LocaleInfoImpl
Loading module 'org.tbrc.gwt.person02.PersonViewer'
   Module location: file:/Users/chris/eclipse/workspace3.4/org.tbrc.gwt.person02/src/org/tbrc/gwt/person02/PersonViewer.gwt.xml
   Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.user.User'
      Module location: jar:file:/gwt-mac-1.5.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/user/User.gwt.xml
      Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.core.Core'
         Module location: jar:file:/gwt-mac-1.5.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/core/Core.gwt.xml
         Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.intrinsic.Intrinsic'
            Module location: file:/Applications/eclipse3.4/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/673/1/.cp/com/google/gwt/dev/jjs/intrinsic/Intrinsic.gwt.xml
            Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.lang.LongLib'
               Module location: jar:file:/Applications/eclipse3.4/plugins/com.instantiations.designer.gwt.hosted.1_5.super_5.1.0.200807310907.jar!/com/google/gwt/lang/LongLib.gwt.xml
         Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.emul.Emulation'
            Module location: jar:file:/gwt-mac-1.5.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/emul/Emulation.gwt.xml
      Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.animation.Animation'
         Module location: jar:file:/gwt-mac-1.5.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/animation/Animation.gwt.xml
            Module 'com.google.gwt.core.Core' has already been loaded and will be skipped
            Module 'com.google.gwt.user.User' has already been loaded and will be skipped
      Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.user.RemoteService'
         Module location: jar:file:/gwt-mac-1.5.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/user/RemoteService.gwt.xml
         Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.http.HTTP'
            Module location: jar:file:/gwt-mac-1.5.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/http/HTTP.gwt.xml
      Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.user.DocumentRoot'
         Module location: jar:file:/gwt-mac-1.5.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/user/DocumentRoot.gwt.xml
         Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.user.UserAgent'
            Module location: jar:file:/gwt-mac-1.5.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/user/UserAgent.gwt.xml
      Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.user.DOM'
         Module location: jar:file:/gwt-mac-1.5.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/user/DOM.gwt.xml
         Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.dom.DOM'
            Module location: jar:file:/gwt-mac-1.5.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/dom/DOM.gwt.xml
               Module 'com.google.gwt.user.UserAgent' has already been loaded and will be skipped
            Module 'com.google.gwt.user.UserAgent' has already been loaded and will be skipped
      Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.user.Window'
         Module location: jar:file:/gwt-mac-1.5.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/user/Window.gwt.xml
      Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.user.HTTPRequest'
         Module location: jar:file:/gwt-mac-1.5.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/user/HTTPRequest.gwt.xml
      Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.user.History'
         Module location: jar:file:/gwt-mac-1.5.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/user/History.gwt.xml
      Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.i18n.I18N'
         Module location: jar:file:/gwt-mac-1.5.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/i18n/I18N.gwt.xml
      Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.user.Popup'
         Module location: jar:file:/gwt-mac-1.5.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/user/Popup.gwt.xml
      Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.user.Form'
         Module location: jar:file:/gwt-mac-1.5.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/user/Form.gwt.xml
      Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.user.TextBox'
         Module location: jar:file:/gwt-mac-1.5.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/user/TextBox.gwt.xml
      Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.user.Focus'
         Module location: jar:file:/gwt-mac-1.5.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/user/Focus.gwt.xml
      Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.user.ImageBundle'
         Module location: jar:file:/gwt-mac-1.5.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/user/ImageBundle.gwt.xml
         Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.user.ClippedImage'
            Module location: jar:file:/gwt-mac-1.5.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/user/ClippedImage.gwt.xml
      Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.user.ClippedImage'
         Module 'com.google.gwt.user.ClippedImage' has already been loaded and will be skipped
      Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.user.RichText'
         Module location: jar:file:/gwt-mac-1.5.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/user/RichText.gwt.xml
      Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.user.SplitPanel'
         Module location: jar:file:/gwt-mac-1.5.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/user/SplitPanel.gwt.xml
            Module 'com.google.gwt.user.User' has already been loaded and will be skipped
      Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.user.ListBox'
         Module location: jar:file:/gwt-mac-1.5.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/user/ListBox.gwt.xml
         Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.user.DOM'
            Module 'com.google.gwt.user.DOM' has already been loaded and will be skipped
      Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.user.CaptionPanel'
         Module location: jar:file:/gwt-mac-1.5.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/user/CaptionPanel.gwt.xml
      Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.user.Window'
         Module 'com.google.gwt.user.Window' has already been loaded and will be skipped
      Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.user.Accessibility'
         Module location: jar:file:/gwt-mac-1.5.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/user/Accessibility.gwt.xml
   Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.xml.XML'
      Module location: jar:file:/gwt-mac-1.5.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/xml/XML.gwt.xml
   Loading inherited module 'com.google.gwt.http.HTTP'
      Module 'com.google.gwt.http.HTTP' has already been loaded and will be skipped
   Loading inherited module 'com.gwtext.GwtExt'
      Module location: jar:file://Downloads/JavaTools/GWT/gwtext-2.0.4/gwtext.jar!/com/gwtext/GwtExt.gwt.xml
      [ERROR] Unable to open resource: jar:file://Downloads/JavaTools/GWT/gwtext-2.0.4/gwtext.jar!/com/gwtext/GwtExt.gwt.xml
java.io.IOException: There is no connection.
   at ro.sync.B.B.C.N(Unknown Source)
   at ro.sync.B.B.C.G(Unknown Source)
   at ro.sync.net.protocol.ftp.FTPURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
   at ro.sync.net.protocol.ftp.FTPURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
   at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile.retrieve(URLJarFile.java:162)
   at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile.getJarFile(URLJarFile.java:43)
   at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarFileFactory.get(JarFileFactory.java:68)
   at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection.connect(JarURLConnection.java:102)
   at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection.getInputStream(JarURLConnection.java:124)
   at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:1007)
   at com.google.gwt.dev.util.Util.createReader(Util.java:208)
   at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.nestedLoad(ModuleDefLoader.java:255)
   at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefSchema$BodySchema.__inherits_begin(ModuleDefSchema.java:194)
   at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor13.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
   at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.HandlerMethod.invokeBegin(HandlerMethod.java:223)
   at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser$Impl.startElement(ReflectiveParser.java:257)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:533)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(AbstractXMLDocumentParser.java:220)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:872)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1693)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:368)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:834)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:764)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:148)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1242)
   at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser$Impl.parse(ReflectiveParser.java:310)
   at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser$Impl.access$100(ReflectiveParser.java:48)
   at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser.parse(ReflectiveParser.java:381)
   at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.nestedLoad(ModuleDefLoader.java:258)
   at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader$1.load(ModuleDefLoader.java:161)
   at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.doLoadModule(ModuleDefLoader.java:284)
   at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.loadFromClassPath(ModuleDefLoader.java:130)
   at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.hosted.odf.HostedModeSupport.loadModule(HostedModeSupport.java:194)
   at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.hosted.odf.HostedModeSupport.createModuleSpaceHost(HostedModeSupport.java:206)
   at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.mac.BrowserShellMac$ExternalObject$1.invoke(BrowserShellMac.java:286)
   at org.eclipse.swt.internal.carbon.OS.ReceiveNextEvent(Native Method)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3044)
   at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.hosted.odf.HostedModeSupport.runMessagesLoop(HostedModeSupport.java:172)
   at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.hosted.odf.HostedModeSupport$1.run(HostedModeSupport.java:105)
   at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.mac.BrowserShellMac.setUrl(BrowserShellMac.java:90)
   at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.hosted.odf.HostedModeSupport.startup(HostedModeSupport.java:103)
   at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.support.GWTState$1.run(GWTState.java:156)
   at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:446)
   at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:354)
   at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:507)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.run(ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.java:275)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressManager.run(ProgressManager.java:1191)
   at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.support.GWTState.<init>(GWTState.java:177)
   at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.support.GWTState.createState(GWTState.java:1803)
   at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.UIObjectInfo.getState(UIObjectInfo.java:416)
   at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.UIObjectInfo.classByName(UIObjectInfo.java:191)
   at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.UIObjectInfo.<init>(UIObjectInfo.java:68)
   at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.WidgetInfo.<init>(WidgetInfo.java:55)
   at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.panel.AbstractContainerInfo.<init>(AbstractContainerInfo.java:37)
   at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.panel.ThisCompositeInfo.<init>(ThisCompositeInfo.java:47)
   at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.GWTJavaInfoFactory.create(GWTJavaInfoFactory.java:220)
   at com.swtdesigner.model.parser.JavaInfoParser$ParserVisitor.visit(JavaInfoParser.java:2732)
   at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.TypeDeclaration.accept0(TypeDeclaration.java:467)
   at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.accept(ASTNode.java:2478)
   at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.acceptChildren(ASTNode.java:2548)
   at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.CompilationUnit.accept0(CompilationUnit.java:214)
   at com.swtdesigner.model.parser.JavaInfoParser.parse(JavaInfoParser.java:319)
   at com.swtdesigner.gef.DesignerEditor.parseCompilationUnit(DesignerEditor.java:1149)
   at com.swtdesigner.gef.DesignerEditor$17.execute(DesignerEditor.java:1077)
   at com.swtdesigner.model.swing.properties.custom.DesignTimeHelper.execute(DesignTimeHelper.java:54)
   at com.swtdesigner.gef.DesignerEditor.handleActivate(DesignerEditor.java:1071)
   at com.swtdesigner.gef.DesignerEditor.handleActivate(DesignerEditor.java:1062)
   at com.swtdesigner.editors.MultiPageEditor.showDesignEditor(MultiPageEditor.java:391)
   at com.swtdesigner.editors.MultiPageEditor$2.widgetSelected(MultiPageEditor.java:178)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:228)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1561)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1585)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1570)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1360)
   at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.setSelection(CTabFolder.java:3242)
   at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.onMouse(CTabFolder.java:2017)
   at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder$1.handleEvent(CTabFolder.java:320)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3474)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.sendTrackEvents(Control.java:3024)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.actionProc(Control.java:122)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.actionProc(Display.java:362)
   at org.eclipse.swt.internal.carbon.OS.CallNextEventHandler(Native Method)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.kEventControlTrack(Widget.java:1106)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.kEventControlTrack(Control.java:2097)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.controlProc(Widget.java:375)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.controlProc(Display.java:862)
   at org.eclipse.swt.internal.carbon.OS.SendEventToEventTarget(Native Method)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3047)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2382)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2346)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2198)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:493)
   at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:288)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:488)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:113)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:193)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:382)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:549)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)
   [ERROR] Line 5: Unexpected exception while processing element 'inherits'
com.google.gwt.core.ext.UnableToCompleteException: (see "project_dir/.gwt-logs/.gwt-log" for details.)
   at com.google.gwt.dev.util.Util.createReader(Util.java:211)
   at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.nestedLoad(ModuleDefLoader.java:255)
   at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefSchema$BodySchema.__inherits_begin(ModuleDefSchema.java:194)
   at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor13.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.HandlerMethod.invokeBegin(HandlerMethod.java:223)
   at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser$Impl.startElement(ReflectiveParser.java:257)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:533)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(AbstractXMLDocumentParser.java:220)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:872)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1693)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:368)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:834)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:764)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:148)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1242)
   at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser$Impl.parse(ReflectiveParser.java:310)
   at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser$Impl.access$100(ReflectiveParser.java:48)
   at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser.parse(ReflectiveParser.java:381)
   at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.doLoadModule(ModuleDefLoader.java:284)
   at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.loadFromClassPath(ModuleDefLoader.java:130)
   at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.hosted.odf.HostedModeSupport.loadModule(HostedModeSupport.java:194)
   at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.hosted.odf.HostedModeSupport.createModuleSpaceHost(HostedModeSupport.java:206)
   at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.mac.BrowserShellMac$ExternalObject$1.invoke(BrowserShellMac.java:286)
   at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.hosted.odf.HostedModeSupport.runMessagesLoop(HostedModeSupport.java:172)
   at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.hosted.odf.HostedModeSupport$1.run(HostedModeSupport.java:105)
   at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.mac.BrowserShellMac.setUrl(BrowserShellMac.java:90)
   at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.hosted.odf.HostedModeSupport.startup(HostedModeSupport.java:103)
   at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:446)
   at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:507)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.run(ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.java:275)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressManager.run(ProgressManager.java:1191)
   at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.support.GWTState.createState(GWTState.java:1803)
   at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.UIObjectInfo.getState(UIObjectInfo.java:416)
   at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.UIObjectInfo.classByName(UIObjectInfo.java:191)
   at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.panel.AbstractContainerInfo.<init>(AbstractContainerInfo.java:37)
   at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.panel.ThisCompositeInfo.<init>(ThisCompositeInfo.java:47)
   at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.GWTJavaInfoFactory.create(GWTJavaInfoFactory.java:220)
   at com.swtdesigner.model.parser.JavaInfoParser$ParserVisitor.visit(JavaInfoParser.java:2732)
   at com.swtdesigner.gef.DesignerEditor.parseCompilationUnit(DesignerEditor.java:1149)
   at com.swtdesigner.model.swing.properties.custom.DesignTimeHelper.execute(DesignTimeHelper.java:54)
   at com.swtdesigner.editors.MultiPageEditor.showDesignEditor(MultiPageEditor.java:391)
   at com.swtdesigner.editors.MultiPageEditor$2.widgetSelected(MultiPageEditor.java:178)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:113)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:193)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
   [ERROR] Failure while parsing XML
com.google.gwt.core.ext.UnableToCompleteException: (see "project_dir/.gwt-logs/.gwt-log" for details.)
   at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.DefaultSchema.onHandlerException(DefaultSchema.java:56)
   at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.Schema.onHandlerException(Schema.java:65)
   at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.Schema.onHandlerException(Schema.java:65)
   at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.HandlerMethod.invokeBegin(HandlerMethod.java:233)

and here are the error details from the parse failure:
Plug-in Provider: Instantiations
Plug-in Name: GWT Designer Subscription
Plug-in ID: com.swtdesigner
Plug-in Version: 5.1.0.200807310907

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.hosted.odf.HostedModeSupport.getClassLoader(HostedModeSupport.java:125)
    at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.support.GWTState.getClassLoader(GWTState.java:468)
    at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.support.GWTState.addNonAbstractClass(GWTState.java:488)
    at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.support.GWTState.initClassesAndMethods(GWTState.java:511)
    at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.support.GWTState$1.run(GWTState.java:160)
    at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.panel.PanelInfo.<init>(PanelInfo.java:25)
    at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.panel.ComplexPanelInfo.<init>(ComplexPanelInfo.java:26)
    at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.panel.CellPanelInfo.<init>(CellPanelInfo.java:20)
    at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.panel.VerticalPanelInfo.<init>(VerticalPanelInfo.java:28)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
    at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.GWTJavaInfoFactory.create(GWTJavaInfoFactory.java:161)
    at com.swtdesigner.model.parser.factory.JavaInfoFactory.create(JavaInfoFactory.java:113)
    at com.swtdesigner.model.parser.factory.JavaInfoFactory.create(JavaInfoFactory.java:96)
    at com.swtdesigner.model.parser.factory.JavaInfoFactory.create(JavaInfoFactory.java:89)
    at com.swtdesigner.model.parser.JavaInfoParser$ParserVisitor.endVisit(JavaInfoParser.java:1446)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ClassInstanceCreation.accept0(ClassInstanceCreation.java:337)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.acceptChild(ASTNode.java:2525)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.VariableDeclarationFragment.accept0(VariableDeclarationFragment.java:225)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.VariableDeclarationStatement.accept0(VariableDeclarationStatement.java:273)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.Block.accept0(Block.java:136)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.MethodDeclaration.accept0(MethodDeclaration.java:502)
    at com.swtdesigner.model.parser.JavaInfoParser$ParserVisitor.visit(JavaInfoParser.java:3018)

Full stack trace (to see full context):
org.apache.commons.lang.exception.NestableError: com.swtdesigner.properties.PropertyException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at com.swtdesigner.model.parser.factory.JavaInfoFactory.create(JavaInfoFactory.java:119)
    at com.swtdesigner.model.parser.factory.JavaInfoFactory.create(JavaInfoFactory.java:96)
    at com.swtdesigner.model.parser.factory.JavaInfoFactory.create(JavaInfoFactory.java:89)
    at com.swtdesigner.model.parser.JavaInfoParser$ParserVisitor.endVisit(JavaInfoParser.java:1446)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ClassInstanceCreation.accept0(ClassInstanceCreation.java:337)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.VariableDeclarationFragment.accept0(VariableDeclarationFragment.java:225)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.VariableDeclarationStatement.accept0(VariableDeclarationStatement.java:273)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.Block.accept0(Block.java:136)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.MethodDeclaration.accept0(MethodDeclaration.java:502)
    at com.swtdesigner.model.parser.JavaInfoParser$ParserVisitor.visit(JavaInfoParser.java:3018)
Caused by: com.swtdesigner.properties.PropertyException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.GWTJavaInfoFactory.create(GWTJavaInfoFactory.java:169)
    at com.swtdesigner.model.parser.factory.JavaInfoFactory.create(JavaInfoFactory.java:113)
    ... 76 more
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
    at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.GWTJavaInfoFactory.create(GWTJavaInfoFactory.java:161)
    ... 77 more
Caused by: org.apache.commons.lang.exception.NestableError: org.apache.commons.lang.exception.NestableError: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.UIObjectInfo.classByName(UIObjectInfo.java:193)
    at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.panel.PanelInfo.<init>(PanelInfo.java:25)
    at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.panel.ComplexPanelInfo.<init>(ComplexPanelInfo.java:26)
    at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.panel.CellPanelInfo.<init>(CellPanelInfo.java:20)
    at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.panel.VerticalPanelInfo.<init>(VerticalPanelInfo.java:28)
    ... 82 more
Caused by: org.apache.commons.lang.exception.NestableError: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.UIObjectInfo.getState(UIObjectInfo.java:423)
    ... 89 more
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.support.GWTState$1.run(GWTState.java:166)
    ... 90 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.instantiations.designer.gwt.hosted.odf.HostedModeSupport.getClassLoader(HostedModeSupport.java:125)
    at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.support.GWTState.getClassLoader(GWTState.java:468)
    at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.support.GWTState.addNonAbstractClass(GWTState.java:488)
    at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.support.GWTState.initClassesAndMethods(GWTState.java:511)
    at com.swtdesigner.gwt.model.widgets.support.GWTState$1.run(GWTState.java:160)
    ... 98 more

Designer Configuration Details:

Product: GWT Designer Subscription
Version: 5.1.0.200807310907
Expected: Eclipse 3.4
Actual: Eclipse 3.4.0.v20080512
Actual Eclipse Build Name:
Actual Eclipse Build ID: I20080617-2000
IDE Actual Name: Eclipse
IDE Actual Version: 3.3.100.v200806172000
IDE Actual NL: en_US
xxxx
yyyyy
zzzz
Code Gen: Flat Mode, Use Existing, First Assignment, Make Final
Events: Anonymous Class
GWT Home: /gwt-mac-1.5.0
Platform Product: Eclipse
Platform Version: 3.3.100.v200806172000
OS Name: Mac OS X
OS Architecture: i386
OS Version: 10.5.4

The xxxx, yyyy, zzzz are removed serial number and so on.
xristy

Next

Return to GWT Designer