Installation GWT D 4.0.0 on OS X - error

GWT Designer allows you to quickly create the modules, composites, panels, remote services and other elements that comprise Google Web Tookit applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Installation GWT D 4.0.0 on OS X - error

Postby MaticPetek » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:32 am

Hello,
For every day development work I'm using OS Tiger + GWT 1.4.61 + GWT Designer 3.0.0. It's not very stable but better then nothing. I was very surprise when i see you published new version (4.0.0).
I try install it into new directory (like I do with 2.0.0. and 3.0.0). I create "eclipse_gwtdesigner_400" in my Application folder, download the latest Eclipse (eclipse-jee-europa-fall2-macosx-carbon.tar.gz), unzip it and copy over the latest download of GWT Designer (GWTDesigner_v4.0.0_for_Eclipse3.3.zip). When i try to run eclipse application, i get the following error : The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library.
Any idea what can be wrong? Thank you.
Regards,
Matic
MaticPetek

Re: Installation GWT D 4.0.0 on OS X - error

Postby Alexander.Mitin » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:59 am

This looks like the installation issue. Are you able to start the Eclipse without GWT Designer?
Usually, installing the Eclipse and GWTD looks like following:
1. Unzip "eclipse-jee-europa-fall2-macosx-carbon.tar.gz" into Applications, you'll get the folder named "eclipse" there.
2. Open the folder "eclipse" and unpack "GWTDesigner_v4.0.0_for_Eclipse3.3.zip" into this folder.
Also if it possible for you, we recommend you to use v3.3 maintenance build.
Alexander Mitin
Alexander.Mitin

Postby ochristmann » Thu May 08, 2008 5:37 am

Hello,
I got the same error after installing WindowBuilderPro.
Using current Eclipse 3.3 Europa.

I did remove all files in config-dir, except config.ini, platform.xml and bookmarks.xml as stated in installation instructions.
After unzipping the files into the eclipse folder I also got the message "The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library."

I'm totally new to eclipse and java, so please give me an answer at beginners level ;-)
(I do not really understand what was discussed before in this thread...)

Thanks in advance
oliver
ochristmann

Postby ochristmann » Thu May 08, 2008 5:55 am

I got the solution: unzipping the directories did a replace of plugins and features (instead of adding the files into them).
After reinstall and adding the files it seems to work now.
(I forgot to say that I'm new to mac although...)
ochristmann

Postby Eric Clayberg » Thu May 08, 2008 8:19 am

I'm glad it's working for you.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to GWT Designer