Designer Window size unchangeable and too small

GWT Designer allows you to quickly create the modules, composites, panels, remote services and other elements that comprise Google Web Tookit applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Designer Window size unchangeable and too small

Postby SoulDad57 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:37 am

The visible designer window is too small and I cannot get it to increase. I assume that setting the root panel size should subsequently increase the visible designer window size accordingly. But no matter what I do, it's still about 480px by 350px.

The preview window works properly, but it's initial size is the same as the visible area in to design window. I can resize it and everything is fine.

Interestingly, I played with the root panel size and briefly the visible design area worked as expected. But then it reverted to the small size and I cannot get it to work properly again.

I am running the latest GWT designer (as of 10/7/07), GWT 1.4.60, Eclipse 3.3, and OSX with the latest Web Kit.

Ciao,

Rick
"Fanaticism consists in redoubling your effort when you have forgotten your aim."

— George Santayana
SoulDad57

Re: Designer Window size unchangeable and too small

Postby SoulDad57 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:01 am

New information! I seemed to have found a way around the problem. I resize the design area by dragging it a lot. That is, I previously tried to resize and the design area kept "snapping back" to the previous size. I tried changing it a lot (by a hundred pixels or so) and it "snaps back" but only part of the way. I kept repeating this until I could see my entire web page. It took about 10 resize attempts to do this, each one would increase the size by 20 pixels or so after partly snapping back from about 100 pixels or so.

Very odd. But I am beyond this major hurdle to my productivity.

Ciao,

Rick
SoulDad57

Re: Designer Window size unchangeable and too small

Postby Eric Clayberg » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:59 am

This was an OSX specific issue. Please try it again in the latest build.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to GWT Designer