Jars to exclude while deploying

GWT Designer allows you to quickly create the modules, composites, panels, remote services and other elements that comprise Google Web Tookit applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Jars to exclude while deploying

Postby chuhan » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:05 pm

Hi,

I want to exclude some of jars used in the eclipse project because they are needed in the project but we don't have to deploy because tomcat common/lib already contains them.

I tried to change options in the Designer deployment configuration, but I couldn't make it work.

Hoping that the Designer copies jars in WEB-INF/lib, I put the only jars which I want to deploy into that directory and unchecked all jar-related options to prevent from copying jars except for those in WEB-INF/lib, but it didn't work.

Is there any way to do it?

thanks

chuhan
chuhan

Postby Konstantin.Scheglov » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:24 am

Do you deploy single GWT module or Web project? Deployment options work only for Web project deployment (and can be configured separately for each Web project).
Konstantin.Scheglov

Postby chuhan » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:43 am

Konstantin.Scheglov wrote:Do you deploy single GWT module or Web project? Deployment options work only for Web project deployment (and can be configured separately for each Web project).

I deploy a webproject and I couldn't figure out how to exclude some of jars in build path.

Let's say I have A.jar, B.jar, and C.jar in a eclipse project. When I deploy it, I want to deploy only C.jar because A and B.jars already exists in common/lib.

Can you tell me how to do it?

thanks

chuhan
chuhan

Postby chuhan » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:05 am

Hi,

I got confused, Designer already has a feature to do it. And it works fine.

thanks

chuhan
chuhan

Return to GWT Designer