CSS Support

GWT Designer allows you to quickly create the modules, composites, panels, remote services and other elements that comprise Google Web Tookit applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

CSS Support

Postby allioop70 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:34 am

I would like to make some suggestions for the CSS support in Designer.

1. When creating a new style, it would be nice if the CSS Style Selection dialog would let me specify whether the style is for an HTML element, a class, or an id. Right now, when you click on the "..." for the CSS Style Selection dialog, the Style Name box is populated with a pre-populated style name that doesn't have the "." or the "#" to identify it as a class or an id style, if you click create and specify some style attributes, the style doesn't work because it isn't properly "named." If you add the "." prefix to the name, then create it, it works fine. The "#", id, style doesn't appear to work at all.

2. The CSS Style Selection dialog does not provide the functionality to actually select a style for the widget. My initial assumption was that if I selected a style in the list and clicked ok, that the style would be applied to my widget, but it isn't.

3. Once a style is selected on the widget property panel, you can't remove it, you have to go to the code to remove it, even if the style has been removed from the css file manually or through the Style Selector

4. Finally, if I create my own style in the CSS Style Selector, it doesn't work, only the pre-populated names provided seem to work. So support should be added for user created styles.

Thanks.
allioop70

More CSS Support

Postby allioop70 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:56 am

Also:

1. Add a "Position" tab to the CSS Style Selector editor dialog that lets you set positioning attributes, such as type, z-index, visibility, etc.

2. Add to the Box tab, attributes for setting the box size, whether it can float, the clear attribute, etc.
allioop70

Re: CSS Support

Postby Eric Clayberg » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:06 pm

allioop70 wrote:1. When creating a new style, it would be nice if the CSS Style Selection dialog would let me specify whether the style is for an HTML element, a class, or an id. Right now, when you click on the "..." for the CSS Style Selection dialog, the Style Name box is populated with a pre-populated style name that doesn't have the "." or the "#" to identify it as a class or an id style, if you click create and specify some style attributes, the style doesn't work because it isn't properly "named." If you add the "." prefix to the name, then create it, it works fine. The "#", id, style doesn't appear to work at all.

We'll take a look at that.

allioop70 wrote:2. The CSS Style Selection dialog does not provide the functionality to actually select a style for the widget. My initial assumption was that if I selected a style in the list and clicked ok, that the style would be applied to my widget, but it isn't.

The style specified in the Style name field is applied, if you click the OK button. If you want to apply one of the styles defined in the CSS file, double-click on the style name in the CSS rules list.

allioop70 wrote:3. Once a style is selected on the widget property panel, you can't remove it, you have to go to the code to remove it, even if the style has been removed from the css file manually or through the Style Selector

Click on the styleName property and hit the Delete key (this works for any property).

allioop70 wrote:4. Finally, if I create my own style in the CSS Style Selector, it doesn't work, only the pre-populated names provided seem to work. So support should be added for user created styles.

Click Add to create a new style; Edit to edit the style; and double-click to apply the style to the widget.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to GWT Designer