Problem Running Module with included / inherited module

GWT Designer allows you to quickly create the modules, composites, panels, remote services and other elements that comprise Google Web Tookit applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Problem Running Module with included / inherited module

Postby SethTownsend » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:52 pm

Hi,

I'm having a bit of a problem running my module once I include another custom gwt module (either as a package or as a source through the classpath). When I run the top level module, the Hosted mode Dev Shell gives the following log info:

Rebinding (the first of the service classes client side interfaces>
- Invoking<generate-with class='com.google.gwt.user.rebind.rpc.ServiceInterfaceProxyGenerator'/>
--Analyzing serializability for 337 types
---The following types were determinted to be unserializable:
---- <a clientside class which is never passed as a callback return but has a similar name to one that is>

x- Unable to load module entry point class <the inherited module>
x- Failure to load <top level module>

now the inherited module is the only place where this service or the unserializable class is mentioned (I haven't used it anywhere in the top level module) and the inherited module also runs fine on its own (though it is being launched currently by the Googlipse plugin.

I am unsure how to proceed so that I may use this inherited class in my new high level module.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
SethTownsend

Re: Problem Running Module with included / inherited module

Postby Eric Clayberg » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:21 am

This doesn't sound like a GWT Designer issue, but, if you want to send us your project (to wb-support@instantiations.com), we'd be happy to analyze it for you.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to GWT Designer