GWT Folder Structure

GWT Designer allows you to quickly create the modules, composites, panels, remote services and other elements that comprise Google Web Tookit applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

GWT Folder Structure

Postby balaarjunan » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:40 am

Hey,
I need the Folder Structure of a GWT application, what and all must be there? what is the tree structure of the Folder, it wil be very helpful :shock:
balaarjunan

Postby Konstantin.Scheglov » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:06 am

Did you read this?
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/documentation/com.google.gwt.doc.DeveloperGuide.Fundamentals.ProjectStructure.html

In general, using GWT Designer do following:
1. create GWT project using wizard;
2. create GWT module using wizard;
3. pub all client-side code into "client" package;
4. create RemoteService's using wizard, it will put interface into "client" and implementation into "server";
5. put in "public" any resources that should be accessible directly from web, for example HTML files, CSS files, images, etc.
Konstantin.Scheglov

where to put the jars?

Postby calinm » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:47 am

Hi,

where is the right place to put dependency jars (DB drivers, spring etc). I mean the stuff that goes in the "WEB-INF/lib" directory? It seems a bit weird to have the jars in "src/com/company/xxx/public/WEB-INF/lib" and then they get copied to the build directory as well. I want to be able to run it both in the built in tomcat and deploy it on another app server.

All the sample apps from google are trivial, they have no server side dependencies.

Thanks,

Calin
calinm

Return to GWT Designer