SWT GroupLayout Problem - NoClassDefFoundError

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

SWT GroupLayout Problem - NoClassDefFoundError

Postby jschwartz73 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:18 am

I downloaded Eclipse3.2-RC7 yesterday to try out your new GroupLayout for SWT. Everything installed and licensed fine. While I am using the designer in GroupLayout it works pretty well. However, when I run my RCP application I get the following error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/swt/layout/grouplayout/GroupLayout
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown

I see that swt-grouplayout.jar and baseline.jar were added to my project, but for some reason they aren't getting added to my classpath. I tried adding them manually but that yielded the same error. Strangely, there is nothing in my log file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
jschwartz73

Re: SWT GroupLayout Problem - NoClassDefFoundError

Postby Eric Clayberg » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:53 pm

jschwartz73 wrote:I downloaded Eclipse3.2-RC7 yesterday to try out your new GroupLayout for SWT. Everything installed and licensed fine. While I am using the designer in GroupLayout it works pretty well. However, when I run my RCP application I get the following error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/swt/layout/grouplayout/GroupLayout
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown
I see that swt-grouplayout.jar and baseline.jar were added to my project, but for some reason they aren't getting added to my classpath. I tried adding them manually but that yielded the same error. Strangely, there is nothing in my log file.

Those JARs - needed for GL support in SWT - are added to your project and to your project's .classpath file.

If You are using them in the context of a plug-in (as in an RCP app), you need to add them to your plug-in manifest file so that they are found at runtime.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Re: SWT GroupLayout Problem - NoClassDefFoundError

Postby jschwartz73 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:56 am

Eric Clayberg wrote:Those JARs - needed for GL support in SWT - are added to your project and to your project's .classpath file.

If You are using them in the context of a plug-in (as in an RCP app), you need to add them to your plug-in manifest file so that they are found at runtime.

That fixed it thanks.
jschwartz73

Return to SWT Designer