Designer can not display user defined control any more

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Designer can not display user defined control any more

Postby fridi » Fri May 19, 2006 1:38 am

Hi,

opening an former project, the designer is not able to display the my own controle any more. It is just showing a gray box with the text "Exception during creation. See Error log for details".

I have created and used this control some month ago, and that days eclipse+desigbner was able to display that, but I don't know the versions I have used that days.

Today, I am using eclipse 3.2M4 and SWT designer 4.2.1

Please see the error log downside.
I have now public members in my control, so what does this message mean?

Thanks in advance, Fridi

This is the log:
Error 2006-05-19 11:46:51.970 Designer internal error: Class com.swtdesigner.model.swt.widgets.SWTBeanInfo can not access a member of class com.mmm.client.abs.ArticleListTableViewer with modifiers "public"
java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Class com.swtdesigner.model.swt.widgets.SWTBeanInfo can not access a member of class com.mmm.client.abs.ArticleListTableViewer with modifiers "public"
at sun.reflect.Reflection.ensureMemberAccess(Reflection.java:57)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:268)
at com.swtdesigner.model.swt.widgets.SWTBeanInfo.createSWTBeanInstance(SWTBeanInfo.java:486)
at com.swtdesigner.model.swt.widgets.SWTBeanInfo.createSWTBeanInstance(SWTBeanInfo.java:453)
at com.swtdesigner.model.swt.widgets.SWTBeanInfo.createSingleObject(SWTBeanInfo.java:229)
at
fridi

Re: Designer can not display user defined control any more

Postby Eric Clayberg » Fri May 19, 2006 3:34 am

fridi wrote:opening an former project, the designer is not able to display the my own controle any more. It is just showing a gray box with the text "Exception during creation. See Error log for details".

We need to see your complete log file as well as the code for the custom component.

fridi wrote:Please see the error log downside.

You only included part of the log (and no test case), so I have no idea what the trigger for the exception might be.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to SWT Designer