adding a tool bar to a ctabfolder

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

adding a tool bar to a ctabfolder

Postby mateu » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:54 am

I want to add a toolbar for a ctabfolder (common to all the tabitems). An example of this can be seen in Eclipse in the Workspace-Hierarchy... part, where there is a ctabfolder with the minimize/maximize buttons, and some others. This last ones, when the tab folder is too small go to the next line.

When I try to add a toolbar to the tabfolder, using the property editor, it doesen't allow me to do it. When I try it through the main window it allows me to put it but when I try to put tabitems they are there (I can see them in the property editor, can change name, and there is a square representing where the button is, but no image or text is displayed.

How can I solve the problem?

Thanks
mateu

Re: adding a tool bar to a ctabfolder

Postby Eric Clayberg » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:50 am

mateu wrote:When I try to add a toolbar to the tabfolder, using the property editor, it doesen't allow me to do it. When I try it through the main window it allows me to put it but when I try to put tabitems they are there (I can see them in the property editor, can change name, and there is a square representing where the button is, but no image or text is displayed. How can I solve the problem?

I don't know. I tried it and it worked fine. Here's a screen shot of what I see after adding a couple of toolbar buttons to the toolbar in the top right corner of the tabfolder...

It might be helpful, if you posted a test case or described in more detail what you are doing.

To create the above example, I did the following:

1) Created a CTabFolder with a single Tab
2) Added a ToolBar to the top-right position in the tabfolder
3) Dropped two ToolItems on the ToolBar
4) Cleared the text and set the image for each toolitem
5) Set the tabheight property on the tabfolder to accomodate the size of the toolitem images
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Thanks a lot. I LOVE YOU

Postby mateu » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:27 am

Thanks,

The problem was that if the heigh is too small the item doesn't appear, neither a small part of it.
mateu

Return to SWT Designer