Coolbar Problem

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Coolbar Problem

Postby boffyflow » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:04 pm

I have created a simple ViewPart in the Designer (screenshot 1). But if I run the RCP the Viewpart looks different. The Action items are below the actual tab height instead on the same height. Is this an issue in my code or am I do something wrong? I am trying to write an app based on part 3 of the RCP tutorial on the eclipse site. I am still very new to this...

Thanks.
Robert

Designer View

Image[/img]
RCP View
boffyflow

Re: Coolbar Problem

Postby Eric Clayberg » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:10 am

boffyflow wrote:I have created a simple ViewPart in the Designer (screenshot 1). But if I run the RCP the Viewpart looks different. The Action items are below the actual tab height instead on the same height. Is this an issue in my code or am I do something wrong?

The runtime view will depend on what version of the Eclipse libraries you are using at runtime and what ViewPart presentation style you are using (e.g., quare tabs vs. curved tabs). The position of the view's toolbar also depends on other runtime characteristics of your RCP application (such as the size of the view relative to the window and the folder layout of the perspective containing the view). Designer will show you the default representation of yoru view.

For help with the runtime behavior of your RCP application, you should post questions in the Eclipse RCP news group.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to SWT Designer