How to activate Designer product?

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

How to activate Designer product?

Postby xavierkdna » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:13 am

Hi forum members, I'm new in window builder pro, I 'm working on gentoo linux, I have eclipse 3.1, and seemed that I installed sucessfully designer plug in ( I downloaded Designer_v4.2.0_for_Eclipse3.1.zip from web, I unziped in eclipse directory, then Installed from Menu HELP/Software Updates/Find and Install, I selected "search new features to install" option,and I added the location where I unziped the Designer_v4.2.0_for_Eclipse3.1.zip, and followed the installation process), and also I can see in the "about eclipse window" an instantiations button, but I couldn't activate the product?
What option do I have to select in order to activate the installed plug-in?

And If I made something wrong during the installation progress? How can I uninstall the plug-in on linux? Could work the bat file under linux?

Thanks in advance
xavierkdna

Re: How to activate Designer product?

Postby Eric Clayberg » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:01 am

xavierkdna wrote:Hi forum members, I'm new in window builder pro, I 'm working on gentoo linux, I have eclipse 3.1, and seemed that I installed sucessfully designer plug in ( I downloaded Designer_v4.2.0_for_Eclipse3.1.zip from web, I unziped in eclipse directory, then Installed from Menu HELP/Software Updates/Find and Install, I selected "search new features to install" option,and I added the location where I unziped the Designer_v4.2.0_for_Eclipse3.1.zip, and followed the installation process), and also I can see in the "about eclipse window" an instantiations button, but I couldn't activate the product?
What option do I have to select in order to activate the installed plug-in?And If I made something wrong during the installation progress? How can I uninstall the plug-in on linux? Could work the bat file under linux?

The bat file will not work in Linux. Instructions on how to activate WindowBuilder can be found on our website here.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to SWT Designer