Modified images require stop-restart eclipse

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Modified images require stop-restart eclipse

Postby Paul.Helster » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:18 am

I have a button that is set to display an image. If I change the image in the same file, SWT-Designer does not reload the image even if I refresh eclipse. The only way I could see the updated image is to shutdown and restart eclipse.

To reproduce,
- Set an image on a button.
- On the file system, replace the image with another one, using the same name.
- Try to see the new image in SWT-Designer: only the old one is displayed even after a refresh of the project.

This is minor somewhat a waste of time when trying different images.

BTW, what type of buttons are you using on the left sidebar ? Are the buttons with image and label available to be used by your customers?
Paul.Helster

Re: Modified images require stop-restart eclipse

Postby Eric Clayberg » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:45 pm

Paul.Helster wrote:I have a button that is set to display an image. If I change the image in the same file, SWT-Designer does not reload the image even if I refresh eclipse. The only way I could see the updated image is to shutdown and restart eclipse.

The images themselves are cached and associated with their file names. At the moment, the only way to clear that cache is to shut down and restart Eclipse.[/quote]

Paul.Helster wrote:BTW, what type of buttons are you using on the left sidebar ? Are the buttons with image and label available to be used by your customers?

What "left sidebar" are you referring to?

If you need a button with an image and a label, create a ToolBar with a single ToolItem. ToolItems may have an image and a label and look just like regular buttons.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to SWT Designer