marginLeft, Right, Top and Bottom

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

marginLeft, Right, Top and Bottom

Postby Sebastien » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:44 am

Hello,
I have SWT Designer Pro 4.1 with JSDK 5.0 and Eclipse 3.1. Within SWT Designer I have access to the following Composite's properties : marginLeft, marginRight, marginTop and marginBottom. Designer reacts correctly at design time when I populate these properties. But in the source, I have a compilation error because these properties are not member of my gridlayout.

Do I need a particular update to use these properties ?

P.S. I have the SWT plug-in (v 3.1) that came with Eclipse... I’ve haven’t found any new updates on Eclipse’s web site for the SWT plug-in. I’m quite a newb :) so I’m probably not looking at the right place.

Thank you in advance

Sebastien
Sebastien
Sebastien

Re: marginLeft, Right, Top and Bottom

Postby Eric Clayberg » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:56 am

Sebastien wrote: I have SWT Designer Pro 4.1 with JSDK 5.0 and Eclipse 3.1. Within SWT Designer I have access to the following Composite's properties : marginLeft, marginRight, marginTop and marginBottom. Designer reacts correctly at design time when I populate these properties. But in the source, I have a compilation error because these properties are not member of my gridlayout.

It sounds like you are not compiling against Eclipse 3.1, but some earlier version.

I would check the classpath of your project and make sure that it points to the SWT jar that is in your Eclipse 3.1 installation.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Re: marginLeft, Right, Top and Bottom

Postby Sebastien » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:50 am

Hi,
You're absolutely right :-), all are jars were (regrouped) located in a folder that wasn’t updated after migrating from 3.0 to 3.1. It must be a common mistake.

I’d like your expert advice do on this matter so that I can avoid this same mistake later on: is it right to regroup all the jars in one folder and then adding them to the Libraries tab in Java Build Path preference? What is the recommended best practice for managing jars? Importing them to the workspace using the Import external plug-in or fragment option? Leaving them all in the ECLIPSE_HOME path? Etc?
Sebastien
Sebastien

Return to SWT Designer