Linux URGENT -""Unknown Window Type (Parsing error

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Linux URGENT -""Unknown Window Type (Parsing error

Postby clearwa » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:46 am

I have just intalled WindowBuilder 4.1.1 on Linux (Fedora Core 4), jsdk-1.5_04, and Eclipse 3.1. Whatever I try to create under Designer (Swing, SWT) I get ""Unknown Window Type (Parsing error)" on the Designer window and no palettes. Designer is next to useless at the moment. I really need this stuff to work under Linux; what is the problem? I've tried on a couple of Linux boxes - same result. I can't believe I'm the only one seeing this but I can find no posts. There appears to be no log in my workspace. Any insight would be greatly appreciated - I'm dead in the water here.

Thanx,
Allan Clearwaters
clearwa

Re: Linux URGENT -""Unknown Window Type (Parsing e

Postby Eric Clayberg » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:46 pm

clearwa wrote:I have just intalled WindowBuilder 4.1.1 on Linux (Fedora Core 4), jsdk-1.5_04, and Eclipse 3.1. Whatever I try to create under Designer (Swing, SWT) I get ""Unknown Window Type (Parsing error)" on the Designer window and no palettes.

What exception is recorded to your Eclipse ".log" file?

If v4.1.1 (the development build) does not work, try the v4.1.0 GA version instead.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Postby vpavlov » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:48 pm

I have the same problem. The log content is:

!SESSION 2005-07-27 09:23:11.108 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=I20050627-1435
java.version=1.5.0_03
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86

!ENTRY com.swtdesigner 4 4 2005-07-27 09:23:51.337
!MESSAGE Designer internal error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
!STACK 0
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
at com.swtdesigner.model.swt.widgets.composite.AbstractCompositeInfo.treeBuildingComplete(AbstractCompositeInfo.java:144)
at com.swtdesigner.model.JavaInfo.treeBuildingComplete(JavaInfo.java:871)
at com.swtdesigner.model.swing.JavaBeanInfo.treeBuildingComplete(JavaBeanInfo.java:526)
at com.swtdesigner.model.swt.widgets.composite.AbstractCompositeInfo.treeBuildingComplete(AbstractCompositeInfo.java:143)
at com.swtdesigner.model.JavaInfo.doAcceptAsRoot(JavaInfo.java:866)
at com.swtdesigner.model.swt.widgets.control.ControlInfo.doAcceptAsRoot(ControlInfo.java:105)
at com.swtdesigner.model.swt.widgets.composite.AbstractCompositeInfo.doAcceptAsRoot(AbstractCompositeInfo.java:105)
at com.swtdesigner.model.parser.JavaInfoParser.getRootNodes(JavaInfoParser.java:407)
at com.swtdesigner.gef.DesignerEditor.parseCompilationUnit(DesignerEditor.java:989)
at com.swtdesigner.gef.DesignerEditor.handleActivate(DesignerEditor.java:921)
at com.swtdesigner.gef.DesignerEditor.handleActivate(DesignerEditor.java:887)
at com.swtdesigner.editors.MultiPageEditor.showDesignEditor(MultiPageEditor.java:325)
at com.swtdesigner.editors.MultiPageEditor$2.widgetSelected(MultiPageEditor.java:168)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:90)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1021)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1045)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1030)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:900)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.setSelection(CTabFolder.java:3138)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.onMouse(CTabFolder.java:1922)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder$1.handleEvent(CTabFolder.java:288)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1021)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:2867)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2572)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1699)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1663)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:367)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:143)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:103)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:226)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:376)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:163)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:334)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:278)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:973)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:948)
vpavlov

Postby Eric Clayberg » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:41 am

Thank you for the log info.

This problem has been fixed in the latest v4.1.1 build (2005.07.27).
Eric Clayberg
Google

Eric Clayberg

Postby zaphod » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:30 pm

I'm getting this error on WindowsXP Pro. I just upgraded to Eclipse 3.1 and SWT-Designer 4.1, and things worked for about a week. It also appears my registration information is gone, as now I'm being asked to register the program again.

And I'm getting no log as well.

Paul Cooper
zaphod

Postby Eric Clayberg » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:38 pm

zaphod wrote:I'm getting this error on WindowsXP Pro.

What error are you getting? Please be specific. Any parsing error would be recorded to you Eclipse ".log" file.

If you are having a problem with one of your windows parsing, you should post a test case as suggested in the Designer FAQ.

You also state that you are using v4.1. Have you tried v4.1.1? The problem originally reported by this thread was fixed a couple of weeks ago in v4.1.1.
Eric Clayberg
Google

Eric Clayberg

Postby zaphod » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:37 am

Eric Clayberg wrote:What error are you getting? Please be specific. Any parsing error would be recorded to you Eclipse ".log" file.

If you are having a problem with one of your windows parsing, you should post a test case as suggested in the Designer FAQ.

You also state that you are using v4.1. Have you tried v4.1.1? The problem originally reported by this thread was fixed a couple of weeks ago in v4.1.1.

I'm getting "Unknown Window Type (Parsing Error)" at the top of each window, and I'm getting it on EVERY class that was created with SWT Designer. I have searched the Eclipse folder and my dev folder and cannot find an "eclipse.log" file anywhere. Also, I have the "Activate license..." and "Buy it now" buttons at the top of the SWT Designer screen.

Everything was working fine three days ago, and AFAIK I have not installed any new plugins or updated in Eclipse. I did, however, upgrade Eclipse, SWT Designer, and MyEclipse about 10 days ago due to an SWT bug.

I'll install 4.1.1 and see what happens.

Thanks for the reply....

Paul Cooper
zaphod

Postby zaphod » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:37 am

I just downloaded and installed 4.1.1 and have exactly the same problem. I can no longer work on ANY file I created with SWT Designer. This is a problem that needs a resolution quickly, as I'm in the middle of a major project that requires SWT, and I'm stuck until the problem is solved.

Paul Cooper
zaphod

Postby Eric Clayberg » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:59 pm

zaphod wrote:I just downloaded and installed 4.1.1 and have exactly the same problem. I can no longer work on ANY file I created with SWT Designer. This is a problem that needs a resolution quickly, as I'm in the middle of a major project that requires SWT, and I'm stuck until the problem is solved.

In that case, it is very important that you provide as much detail as possible about the problem.

What errors are shown in your log? Your Eclipse log file can be found in yoru workspace .metadata directory.

Can you send a test case? Does this happen with new classes that you ceate?

Have you reviewed the suggestions in the Designer FAQ for what to do if the product isn't working?

If you can't work on any file, you might have some sort of installation problem. The FAQ can help there as well.
Eric Clayberg
Google

Eric Clayberg

Postby zaphod » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:35 am

Ok, my search missed the ".log" file in the ".metadata" directory in my workspace, and from there, figuring out the problem was simple, as the error was "Resource is out of sync with the file system: /CIS_Vehicle/src/com/swtdesigner/SWTResourceManager.java". Did a refresh and the problem is solved.

Wish Eclipse would actually expose these messages, rather than just logging them.

Anyway, thanks very much for the help and the explicit directions to the log.

Paul Cooper
zaphod

Return to SWT Designer