Bug report: licensing buttons remain on the top message bar

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Bug report: licensing buttons remain on the top message bar

Postby Paul.Helster » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:57 am

After installing 4.1.0, I was getting a message on the top message bar indicating that my license was about to expire. I obtained my new license and activated it succesfully.

After that, when I loaded a widget that does not generate any error, there was no more license message bar at the top, and the bar is not shown.

But if I load a widget that causes an error (such as "Unknown Window Type (Parsing error)" ), then the top message bar shows up and the 2 buttons "Activate License..." and "Buy now!" show up on the right side of the bar.

Minor, but this confused me and lead me into thinking that the activation did not work properly.
Paul.Helster

Re: Bug report: licensing buttons remain on the top message

Postby Eric Clayberg » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:53 pm

Paul.Helster wrote:But if I load a widget that causes an error (such as "Unknown Window Type (Parsing error)" ), then the top message bar shows up and the 2 buttons "Activate License..." and "Buy now!" show up on the right side of the bar. Minor, but this confused me and lead me into thinking that the activation did not work properly.

See the Designer FAQ...

As suggested by the message, this is error is caused by a parsing problem. It has nothing
    to do with licensing. Your Eclipse ".log" file (found in your <workspace>/.metadata directory)
    should provide a hint as to the cause of the parsing error.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Postby Paul.Helster » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:25 pm

I know what a parsing problem is. That was not the issue. The issue was that the licensing buttons kept appearing beside the error message and they should not be there since I registered my plugin. The buttons do not go away.
Paul.Helster

Return to SWT Designer