how is it possible bind something invisible to the wizard?

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

how is it possible bind something invisible to the wizard?

Postby emaayan » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:34 am

i'm attempting to bind a getValue setValue property to comboViewer Selction, BUT when i try to it through the wizard, i cannot the value property in the bean (even after refersh), but when i try to do it via code, it works.
emaayan

Re: how is it possible bind something invisible to the wiza

Postby asablin » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:11 am

Could you give a test case that we could better understand what (model and target) you are trying to bind?
asablin

Postby emaayan » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:16 am

that would be rather difficult, i'll try that later, however the main problem that i have now, is that the binding source is not known (or may change after) the creation of the compomnent, meaning i have a composite which contains a tableviewer, and tableviewer's source (it's setInput) will change after it's creation, so i would to create a setter method that will recieve the input and then call the initDataBinding method, but i'm always afraid windows buidler will re-source it later.
emaayan

Postby Eric Clayberg » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:06 am

I'm not sure what you mean by "re-source it later" in this context.

The situation you describe seems similar to one of the cases covered in the sample DB code provided in the product docs.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to SWT Designer