"properties" problem

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

"properties" problem

Postby table686 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:55 pm

Hi.
when I changed the text property of a radiobutton,its variable name changed with it.For example,if I changed the text property to "button",the variable name will change to buttonradiabuttonbutton automatically.Maybe this is very
useful sometimes.But in my application,the String used in the text property is not English,but Chinese.So I do not want this automatic change.
How can I disable this ?
Thanks.
table686

Re: "properties" problem

Postby Eric Clayberg » Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:59 am

table686 wrote:when I changed the text property of a radiobutton,its variable name changed with it.For example,if I changed the text property to "button",the variable name will change to buttonradiabuttonbutton automatically.Maybe this is very
useful sometimes.But in my application,the String used in the text property is not English,but Chinese.So I do not want this automatic change. How can I disable this ?

Turn off the automatic variable renaming option in the Designer > Code Generation preferences.

In the latest v4.0.1 build, set the Designer > Code Generation > Variable Names > Use text component auto variable rename preference to "Never".

Also not that in this latest build, you can rename multiple widgets at once by selecting them and using the right-click Rename command:

Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to SWT Designer