Teams/CVS and SWT Designer...

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Teams/CVS and SWT Designer...

Postby cbwilliamsva » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:49 pm

I'm working as part of a team that uses Eclipse and CVS to develop applications that use SWT Designer. If someone creates a SWT Designer object and checks it into CVS and I update my local copy of the project to include that new UI, when I go to edit the UI, Eclipse does not know that it is an SWT Designer object which means I can't open it up in the GUI Editor (Design) View.

Is there any way around this limitation?

Thanks,
Chuck
cbwilliamsva

Re: Teams/CVS and SWT Designer...

Postby Eric Clayberg » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:09 pm

cbwilliamsva wrote:I'm working as part of a team that uses Eclipse and CVS to develop applications that use SWT Designer. If someone creates a SWT Designer object and checks it into CVS and I update my local copy of the project to include that new UI, when I go to edit the UI, Eclipse does not know that it is an SWT Designer object which means I can't open it up in the GUI Editor (Design) View. Is there any way around this limitation?

Use Open With > Designer Editor. That will assign the Designer editor as the default editor for that class in your workspace. Editor associations are local to your workspace; they aren't global.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Thank you!

Postby cbwilliamsva » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:16 pm

Eric,

As always you are prompt and right on the money!

Very nice tool!!!

Thanks again,
Chuck
cbwilliamsva

Return to SWT Designer