java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no swt-win32-3063

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no swt-win32-3063

Postby pheideman » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:17 pm

Hi,

I am taking SWT Designer out for a test drive and walking through the AddressBook example. When I try to run this as a Java Application I receive the following error:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no swt-win32-3063 in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:100)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.<clinit>(OS.java:18)
at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Device.init(Device.java:564)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.init(Display.java:1780)
at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Device.<init>(Device.java:100)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<init>(Display.java:355)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<init>(Display.java:351)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.getDefault(Display.java:993)
at AddressBookUI.open(AddressBookUI.java:48)
at AddressBookUI.main(AddressBookUI.java:44)
Exception in thread "main"

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
pheideman

Re: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no swt-win32-3063

Postby Eric Clayberg » Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:04 pm

pheideman wrote:I am taking SWT Designer out for a test drive and walking through the AddressBook example. When I try to run this as a Java Application I receive the following error:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no swt-win32-3063 in java.library.path

As stated in the product docs and tutorial, you need to make sure that the Eclipse SWT DLL is on your path.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

UnsatisfiedLinkError puzzlement...

Postby cbwilliamsva » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:16 am

I'm getting the same exception as in the original post. The curious thing is that I am able to run an SWT Application that is in a different project with no problems. Both projects were created as Java/SWT Projects, I see no differences in the project settings for either, yet one runs and the other doesn't. the SWT DLL is in my jre\bin directory which is on my PATH.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Chuck
cbwilliamsva

Re: UnsatisfiedLinkError puzzlement...

Postby Eric Clayberg » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:50 am

cbwilliamsva wrote:I'm getting the same exception as in the original post. The curious thing is that I am able to run an SWT Application that is in a different project with no problems. Both projects were created as Java/SWT Projects, I see no differences in the project settings for either, yet one runs and the other doesn't. the SWT DLL is in my jre\bin directory which is on my PATH.

Every Eclipse and SWT build has its own unique SWT DLL (identified by the last four number in its name). If you are getting that error, it means that you either don't have the DLL on your path, or you have the wrong version on your path. It is very easy to create classpaths and launch configurations in the wame workspace that target different versions of Eclipse and different SWT DLLs. Thus, it is not at all surprising that an SWT app in one project would work while another in a different project would fail. You need to reexamine your assumptions and very carefully check which version of SWT each project (or launch config) is referencing. If the error mentions a specific version of the SWT DLL, find that version and put it on your path (e.g., dump it into your windows/system32 directory) and be done with it.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Thank you!

Postby cbwilliamsva » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:35 am

Eric

Thanks!
Chuck