Running the SWT Client Billing App. as .jar outside Eclipse

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Running the SWT Client Billing App. as .jar outside Eclipse

Postby venunair » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:52 pm

Hi

Just created my first SWT GUI Application(the sample Client Billing App) using the SWT Designer prof. edition.(2.1.0) and Eclipse 3.0 (OS is Windows XP Home)

I would now like to create an executable .jar file for this and run the whole application outside of Eclipse 3.0 I am using the Export functionality in Eclipse to create the .jar but keep getting the following error "Could Not Find Main Class Program will exit" when I run the .jar file that is created. I am explicitly specifying the main class in the Jar Manifest Specification part of the export wizard.

Do you know what I am doing wrong? Or is there any documentation that
can tell me how to deploy a SWT application built using the SWT Designer
Professional Edition?

THanks
Venu Nair
venunair

Re: Running the SWT Client Billing App. as .jar outside Ecli

Postby Eric Clayberg » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:00 pm

venunair wrote:Do you know what I am doing wrong? Or is there any documentation that can tell me how to deploy a SWT application built using the SWT Designer Professional Edition?

Deploying an SWT application is the same as deploying any Java application.

Make sure that you classpath contains the appropriate SWT jars and that the SWT DLL is on your path.

For detailed support on deploying SWT apps, you should visit the Eclipse SWT newsgroup.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Linux

Postby czerwonka » Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:57 pm

So goes for Linux. Make sure you have the swt-pi.jar in your classpath as the swt-designer wizard doesn't for some reason do it. Also, you'll need to either set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment of pass the -Djava.library.path to the VM. I'm finding the latter doesn't work for me, but it does work for others. I had to set the environment to look for the shared libraries.

Eclipse 3.0
SWT-Designer Pro 2.1.1
SuSE Linux 9.1
czerwonka

Return to SWT Designer