Classes lose SWT nature

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Classes lose SWT nature

Postby ljagged » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:52 am

How do you attach SWT Designer nature to a given class? For example, if I create an ApplicationWindow using the SWT Designer wizard I get the "Design" tab that allows me to do the drag-n-drop GUI building. However, if I create an ApplicationWindow without using the wizard (whether it's in Eclipse or a different app), I can't edit it in the design tab.

In particular, I have some classes that I originally created with the Designer wizard and through some misfortune they are no longer recognized as being SWT Designer-type classes. As a further indication, they've lost the SWT Designer icon on the filename tab in the source code window. How do I give my classes their SWT Designer nature back?

Thanks,
Alex
ljagged

Re: Classes lose SWT nature

Postby Eric Clayberg » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:11 pm

ljagged wrote:How do you attach SWT Designer nature to a given class? For example, if I create an ApplicationWindow using the SWT Designer wizard I get the "Design" tab that allows me to do the drag-n-drop GUI building. However, if I create an ApplicationWindow without using the wizard (whether it's in Eclipse or a different app), I can't edit it in the design tab.

In particular, I have some classes that I originally created with the Designer wizard and through some misfortune they are no longer recognized as being SWT Designer-type classes. As a further indication, they've lost the SWT Designer icon on the filename tab in the source code window. How do I give my classes their SWT Designer nature back?

Eclipse always opens a file with the last editor that was used (although it does forget on occasion).

All you need to do is close the current editor and re-open it with the Designer Editor (as described in the docs and the tutorial).
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to SWT Designer