ToolItem with style "DROP_DOWN"

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

ToolItem with style "DROP_DOWN"

Postby cschlaefcke » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:31 am

Hi Folks,

I just started playing arouond with SWT-Designer. It´s great how fast and easy I managed to create my first SWT application! But new toys often cause new pain (in this case I like pain :D ). I inserted a "ToolBar" and added some "ToolItems". I found out that I can create a dropdown menu when I add a ToolItem with style = SWT.DROP_DOWN. Looks nice! But how can I add more items to this drop down menu. I cannot find out how!

Another question: I saw that besides the "ToolBar" there also is a "CoolBar". I cannot find it in the selection area. Do I need anything else to get this activated? Is it a license issue (I´m in the free mode at the moment).

Thanks & Regards,

Christian
cschlaefcke

Re: ToolItem with style "DROP_DOWN"

Postby avier5 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:59 am

cschlaefcke wrote:Another question: I saw that besides the "ToolBar" there also is a "CoolBar". I cannot find it in the selection area. Do I need anything else to get this activated? Is it a license issue (I´m in the free mode at the moment).

Hi, you need to move to pro mode and then you will get a 2 weeks period for testing the product and try all its functios.

HBC.
avier5

Re: ToolItem with style "DROP_DOWN"

Postby avier5 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:05 am

Hi again,

try

[url]http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-swt-home/dev.html[/url]
for more examples on how to do things in SWT.

HBC
avier5

Return to SWT Designer