Using alternate forms toolkit

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Using alternate forms toolkit

Postby chris.white » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:12 am

I downloaded a copy of SWT Designer yesterday and am quite impressed. However, I am struggling with one issue.

We use a custom forms toolkit in our application I am trying to figure out how to integrate it into the designer.

Out toolkit inherits from FormToolkit and overrides/adds a few methods.

Any hints on how I could integrate our toolkit into WindowBuilder?

Chris
chris.white

Re: Using alternate forms toolkit

Postby chris.white » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:40 am

I think I may have figured this out. I used the Palette Manager to add a new instance factory and added all the create methods. I put these in a new category in the palette. Very cool.

Chris
chris.white

Re: Using alternate forms toolkit

Postby Konstantin.Scheglov » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:52 am

As developer of this static and instance factory feature I'm glad that you find it useful. :-)
You may also find useful palette contribution using *.wbp-palette.xml, see http://download.instantiations.com/D2WBDoc/continuous/latest/docs/html/NewComponentsTutorial.pdf

Here is fragment from our test suite:

Code: Select all
   setFileContent("wbp-meta", TOOLKIT_ID + ".wbp-palette.xml", getSource(new String[]{
         "<palette>",
         "  <category id='categoryId.1' name='name 1' description='desc 1'>",
         "    <instance-factory class='test.MyFactory'>",
         "      <method signature='createFirst()'/>",
         "      <method signature='createSecond()' name='Some name' description='Some description'/>",
         "    </instance-factory>",
         "  </category>",
         "</palette>"}));

So, you will able to avoid configuring this manually in each Eclipse instance and just share palette contributions in your team.
Konstantin.Scheglov

Return to SWT Designer