1.2.4b (13.03) does not start with GEF3.0.0 under M7

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

1.2.4b (13.03) does not start with GEF3.0.0 under M7

Postby aspinei » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:38 am

Hi,

Subject says it all.
I installed latest GEF version for another plugin and Designer became invisible after Eclipse restart (no error log whatsoever, no signs, nothing !).
As soon as I removed GEF and draw2d v3 (latest integration build) the plugin started working.
I guess supporting GEF3 is not an easy task, however do you have any plans ?

Thanks,
Adrian
aspinei

Re: 1.2.4b (13.03) does not start with GEF3.0.0 under M7

Postby Eric Clayberg » Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:41 pm

aspinei wrote:I installed latest GEF version for another plugin and Designer became invisible after Eclipse restart (no error log whatsoever, no signs, nothing !). As soon as I removed GEF and draw2d v3 (latest integration build) the plugin started working. I guess supporting GEF3 is not an easy task, however do you have any plans ?

I'm not sure what the problem is. I installed Designer v1.2.4 and GEF 3.0 (I20040318) into Eclipse 3.0 M7, and Designer seemed to work just fine. You might try deleting your Eclipse ".config" directory and restarting Eclipse to see if that makes any difference.

Beyond that, I don't know what to tell you. Designer uses GEF internally, but it includes the required GEF jars as part of its own plugin. An unrelated plugin (GEF 3.0 in this case) should not impact it at all - even if there is an overlap in jar file names.

If you still can't get it to work, you might try renaming the gef and draw2d jars in the Designer plugin and then editing the library references in the Designer plugin.xml to match.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to SWT Designer