Coolbar problems

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Coolbar problems

Postby kalexm » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:52 am

Hi,

we bought a license several days ago and are making our first tests with your tool. My first test was to construct a FakeEclipse. The template was your FakeEclipse (pls. put the pictures for download too, bcs. with 'null' iamges it cannot run. I commented the lines where images where loaded).
When adding the coolbar we wondered why it doesnt appear correctly. Then we went through your code and our code line by line and found out that the difference was "ResourceManager.fixCoolBarSize(coolBar);". Why doesnt your tool add this line in the source? Is there any special reason?

thx in advance,

Knud
kalexm

Re: Coolbar problems

Postby Eric Clayberg » Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:58 am

kalexm wrote:we bought a license several days ago and are making our first tests with your tool. My first test was to construct a FakeEclipse. The template was your FakeEclipse (pls. put the pictures for download too, bcs. with 'null' iamges it cannot run. I commented the lines where images where loaded).

All of the images are taken from Eclipse itself, so they are all readily available to you. We will look into zipping them up and making them downloadable from our web site.

kalexm wrote:When adding the coolbar we wondered why it doesnt appear correctly. Then we went through your code and our code line by line and found out that the difference was "ResourceManager.fixCoolBarSize(coolBar);". Why doesnt your tool add this line in the source? Is there any special reason?

What version of Eclipse are you using? CoolBars are buggy in earlier versions of Eclipse and will not appear at the proper size under some circumstances. We added that utility method to cover situations like that. Since the problem does not universally aflict all versions of Eclipse, we don't generate that code by default. If you run across the problem, you can add that line by hand as you can do with any other code you want to add. The Designer will respect any hand written code just as well as the code it generates.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to SWT Designer