question about swt-designer FormLayout shortcuts

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

question about swt-designer FormLayout shortcuts

Postby yousui » Sat May 17, 2008 7:32 am

i found the following text in the eclipse help designer guide section. but when set the shell's layout as formlayout, and then select a control, then type some letter, such as "L", nothing happen. is it because of my wrong operation or something else? can someone explain to me what exactly step should i do. thanks in advance. sorry for my bad english.
:D :D :D
There are also hot keys, which can be used for even faster changing of layout properties. Select a control on the design surface and use hot keys:

First letter: L, R, T, B selects attachment.
Next letter: M - set attachment to margin.
Next letter: A - work with absolute pixels,
L or R - from left or right side of parent, then several digits, if without L or R, then L, after Enter make changes.
Next letter: P - work with percents,
A - set to percent with zero offset,
S - set to percent with offset negative for this attachment, then several digits, if without A or S, then with standard offset for this attachment, after two digits or one and Enter make changes.

and another question. what 's the difference between swt's formlayout and jgoodie's formlayout? they are same??
yousui

Re: question about swt-designer FormLayout shortcuts

Postby Eric Clayberg » Sun May 18, 2008 5:19 am

yousui wrote:i found the following text in the eclipse help designer guide section. but when set the shell's layout as formlayout, and then select a control, then type some letter, such as "L", nothing happen. is it because of my wrong operation or something else? can someone explain to me what exactly step should i do.

Apparently, those hot keys were removed when the FormLayout support was refactored back in 2004, and the docs were never updated.

yousui wrote:what 's the difference between swt's formlayout and jgoodie's formlayout? they are same??

They are completely unrelated. JGoodies FormLayout is a grid-based layout and SWT FormLayout is a free-form, constraint-based layout.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to SWT Designer