Using the "Choose bean" option

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Using the "Choose bean" option

Postby Cluster » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:37 am

Hi!

I am a new user of Windowbuilder Pro, and I am interested by its databinding features. I am trying to bind a field of one of my objects to a textfield (for example). I do not want to write the instanciation of my object in the code such as "private MyObject anObject = new MyObject();", I would like to do it from the designer (because people who are not familiar with Java will use it). So I am using the "Choose bean" feature to create a visual bean in the designer's window. But the bean I create does not appear in the "Bean objects" list in the "Edit Data Bindings" window.

I found on another topic (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1541) in which it says that I must refresh the designer or restart the designer, so the visual bean disappear and I can than find it in the "Bean objects" list.

So my question is: Am I using the "Choose bean" feature correctly or is it a bug?

I hope my question is clear. Thanks in advance for your answer.

Screen shot of the visual bean I am talking about:
Attachments
screenshot.PNG
screenshot.PNG (24.76 KiB) Viewed 446 times
Cluster

Re: Using the "Choose bean" option

Postby Eric Clayberg » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:09 am

If you add a non-visual bean via Image Choose bean rather than via editing the source, then click the Image Refresh button un the Designer toolbar before openning the Image Data Binding dialog.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to SWT Designer