BUG ??? Composite won't accept another widget.

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

BUG ??? Composite won't accept another widget.

Postby Hansz » Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:31 am

Hi there ...

I'm not sure if this is a bug or behaviour that is supposed to happen (and I obviously missed something in that case).

Whenever I create a form with a formlayout implemented, and put a composite Widget onto it (for instance a Tabfolder + TabItems, or a Group widget), this composite will take on the formlayout also (by default). That by itself is what I want to happen. However, a side-effect appears to be that the composite widget is not accepting any more widgets to be dropped into/onto it.

To me it seems that composite (formlayout) inside a composite(formlayout) is having a bit of a problem ...

I Hope this is enough description to reproduce it and confirm (or enlighten) me on this ...

Hansz

P.S.

I'm using WSAD 5.0 and had this problem with both SWT-designer Pro versions 1.2.2. as well as with the last 2 1.2.3 beta's.
Even the smallest person can change the course of the future - Galadriel
Hansz

Re: BUG ??? Composite won't accept another widget.

Postby Eric Clayberg » Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:44 pm

Hansz wrote:To me it seems that composite (formlayout) inside a composite(formlayout) is having a bit of a problem ...
I'm using WSAD 5.0 and had this problem with both SWT-designer Pro versions 1.2.2. as well as with the last 2 1.2.3 beta's.

After a lengthy investigation, this appears to have been caused by a JDK incompatibility issue (WSAD uses JDK 1.3 and we were compiling with JDK 1.4). Had you looked in your Eclipse ".log" file, would would have found numerous exceptions.
We have posted a revised v1.2.3 beta that should address the problem.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to SWT Designer