OSGI InvalidSyntaxException Error.

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

OSGI InvalidSyntaxException Error.

Postby lacou » Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:19 am

I have the following error under Eclipse M6 and SWT beta 1.3.3 with code that use to run perfectly before. If I comment that line, everything is fine.

Statement that causes the error:

Code: Select all
tableViewer.setInput(new Object());

Error generated:

Code: Select all
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/osgi/framework/InvalidSyntaxException
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:457)
   at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.updateItem(StructuredViewer.java:1285)
   at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TableViewer.internalRefresh(TableViewer.java:495)
   at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TableViewer.internalRefresh(TableViewer.java:432)
   at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$7.run(StructuredViewer.java:870)
   at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.preservingSelection(StructuredViewer.java:810)
   at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.refresh(StructuredViewer.java:868)
   at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.refresh(StructuredViewer.java:830)
   at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TableViewer.inputChanged(TableViewer.java:399)
   at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ContentViewer.setInput(ContentViewer.java:238)
   at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.setInput(StructuredViewer.java:1004)

[/code]

Any idea of what is going on ?
lacou

Re: OSGI InvalidSyntaxException Error.

Postby Eric Clayberg » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:59 pm

lacou wrote:I have the following error under Eclipse M6 and SWT beta 1.3.3 with code that use to run perfectly before. If I comment that line, everything is fine. Any idea of what is going on ?

Yes. Eclipse.org is making lots of changes to how their base plugins fit together. You are running into a problem introduced in Eclipse 3.0 M6 which has been discussed quite a but on the Eclipse newsgroups. It has nothing to do with SWT Designer.

Basically, you need to add the osgi.jar to your .classpath file and the org.eclipse.osgi plugin to your plugin.xml file (if you are building a plugin). You will also want to watch this carefully as Eclipse 3.0 gets closer to being finished as this may very well change with the next stable build.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to SWT Designer