Hover images on toolbar buttons not changing

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Hover images on toolbar buttons not changing

Postby obdobion » Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:32 pm

I have three icons (gif files) associated with each of my toolbar buttons. The normal icon has no color while the hover icon has color; the disabled icon is made tranparent as well. When I test the screen with the "Test Designer Window" toolbar button they work as expected. But when I package up my app and run it the buttons are only showing the icons with color. I checked the images in the jar file and they are as expected.
Chris DeGreef
SWT-Designer v1.2.2 compiled on 2003-11-26
obdobion

Re: Hover images on toolbar buttons not changing

Postby Eric Clayberg » Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:44 am

obdobion wrote:I have three icons (gif files) associated with each of my toolbar buttons. The normal icon has no color while the hover icon has color; the disabled icon is made tranparent as well. When I test the screen with the "Test Designer Window" toolbar button they work as expected. But when I package up my app and run it the buttons are only showing the icons with color. I checked the images in the jar file and they are as expected.

Does the generated code look correct? If it does, then this would imply an Eclipse runtime problem that we might not be able to do anything about. If you want to send a small, self-contained example of this problem to support@swt-designer.com, I'll take a look at it on my end and see if I can offer any suggestions.

Also, is this a a standalone SWT app or an Eclipse plugin running within Eclipse? If the latter, you might check your Eclipse workbench settings as the Workbench > Appearance > Show color icons in toolbars setting will force the colored icons to always be used.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to SWT Designer