com.instantiations.utils.reflect.ProjectClassLoader

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

com.instantiations.utils.reflect.ProjectClassLoader

Postby dfayerma » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:12 pm

I've go the following exception in the log when trying to read some of the
screens:

!ENTRY com.swtdesigner 4 4 2007-02-20 18:02:07.534
!MESSAGE Designer internal error [6.1.1.20070219212745]: com/instantiations/utils/reflect/ProjectClassLoader
!STACK 0
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/instantiations/utils/reflect/ProjectClassLoader
at com.swtdesigner.model.util.ast.ASTEditor.getProjectClassLoader(ASTEditor.java:274)
at com.swtdesigner.model.util.ast.ASTEditor.getProjectClassLoader(ASTEditor.java:270)
at com.swtdesigner.model.util.ast.ASTEditor.getWorkspaceClassLoader(ASTEditor.java:261)
at com.swtdesigner.model.converter.ExpressionConverter.getClassLoader(ExpressionConverter.java:1021)
at com.swtdesigner.model.converter.ExpressionConverter.getClassByName(ExpressionConverter.java:987)
at com.swtdesigner.model.converter.ExpressionConverter.convertQualifiedName(ExpressionConverter.java:463)
at com.swtdesigner.model.converter.ExpressionConverter.toValue(ExpressionConverter.java:103)
at com.swtdesigner.model.converter.IntegerConverter.toValue(IntegerConverter.java:189)
at com.swtdesigner.model.swt.layout.grid.GridDataInfo.fillStyleFromFourArgsCtor(GridDataInfo.java:290)
at com.swtdesigner.model.swt.layout.grid.GridDataInfo.fetchPropertiesValues(GridDataInfo.java:240)
at com.swtdesigner.model.swt.layout.grid.GridDataInfo.access$0(GridDataInfo.java:205)
at com.swtdesigner.model.swt.layout.grid.GridDataInfo$VSpanProperty.getSpanValue(GridDataInfo.java:1176)
at com.swtdesigner.model.swt.layout.grid.GridDataInfo$SpanProperty.getValue(GridDataInfo.java:1121)
at com.swtdesigner.actions.layout.AbstractAlignmentComposite$PropertyInfo.getValue(AbstractAlignmentComposite.java:151)
at com.swtdesigner.actions.layout.AbstractAlignmentComposite$IntegerPropertyInfo.showValue(AbstractAlignmentComposite.java:323)
at com.swtdesigner.actions.layout.AbstractAlignmentComposite.updateEditors(AbstractAlignmentComposite.java:73)
at com.swtdesigner.actions.layout.AbstractAlignmentComposite.updateEditors(AbstractAlignmentComposite.java:68)
at com.swtdesigner.model.swt.layout.grid.GridLayoutDataAlignmentControl.update(GridLayoutDataAlignmentControl.java:201)
at com.swtdesigner.model.swt.layout.grid.GridLayoutInfo.updateAlignment(GridLayoutInfo.java:1011)
at com.swtdesigner.model.swt.widgets.composite.AbstractCompositeInfo.updateAlignment(AbstractCompositeInfo.java:924)
at com.swtdesigner.actions.alignment.AlignmentWindow.update(AlignmentWindow.java:118)
at com.swtdesigner.actions.alignment.AlignmentWindowAction.update(AlignmentWindowAction.java:86)
at com.swtdesigner.actions.alignment.AlignmentWindowAction.run(AlignmentWindowAction.java:125)
at com.swtdesigner.gef.DesignerEditor$15.widgetSelected(DesignerEditor.java:908)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:90)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:928)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3348)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2968)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1914)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1878)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:419)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:95)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:78)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:177)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)
dfayerma

Re: com.instantiations.utils.reflect.ProjectClassLoader

Postby Eric Clayberg » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:25 pm

dfayerma wrote:I've go the following exception in the log when trying to read some of the screens:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/instantiations/utils/reflect/ProjectClassLoader

A NoClassDefFoundError exception is almost always an indication of an installation or configuration problem. I would recommend downloading and installing the product again.

Also see the following two FAQ entries.

What should I do if I encounter an NoSuchMethodError or NoClassDefFoundError using Designer?

What should I do if Designer does not work after installation?
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Resolved: Had to clear <Eclipse>/configuration directo

Postby dfayerma » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:54 am

Eric, you are right.
The problem was that I did not clear the <Eclipse>/configuration directory.

Once I cleared it, the problem went away.
Can you explane why this is needed?

Thanks.
dfayerma

Re: Resolved: Had to clear <Eclipse>/configuration dir

Postby Eric Clayberg » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:27 am

dfayerma wrote:The problem was that I did not clear the <Eclipse>/configuration directory.
Once I cleared it, the problem went away.
Can you explane why this is needed?

Starting with Eclipse 3.0, Eclipse started to aggressively cache data from installed plugins (to decrease startup time).

The problem happens when the cache gets stale (which can often happen when you update a plugin from one version to another).

Starting eclipse up with the -clean option generally has the same effect as clearing the configuration directory.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to SWT Designer