JFace Dialog and TabFolder

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

JFace Dialog and TabFolder

Postby cssr » Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:37 am

Hello!

I'm developing a Java application and when I found swt-designer i was very happy! I know that a similar thing exists for netbeans.. but i prefer eclipse...

Before i've been developing C++ aplications using MFC... and whe I tried to used swt-desinger, i got confuse ;)

I've seen the demos.. and read the documentation..
but i can add buttons and other widgets to a tabItem.. i tried to apply the grid layout to the TabFolder so i could have several columns in my tabItems.. but that doesn't seem to work.. it always stay with a unique column so when I insert i button it covers all the space in my tabItem.. and makes it impossible to add any other widget...

Am i being just stupid?
please help me!!

thanks for the help.
and sorry for my english... i'm Portuguese... no.. not Spain :)
cssr

Re: JFace Dialog and TabFolder

Postby Eric Clayberg » Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:38 am

cssr wrote:i can add buttons and other widgets to a tabItem.. i tried to apply the grid layout to the TabFolder so i could have several columns in my tabItems.. but that doesn't seem to work.. it always stay with a unique column so when I insert i button it covers all the space in my tabItem.. and makes it impossible to add any other widget...

TabItems in SWT may only have a single child that fills the entire area. If you want to place multiple widgets into a TabItem using some layout manager, you need to drop a Composite widget into the TabItem first, assign the appropriate layout to the composite and then add the widgets to the composite.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to SWT Designer