SWT 1.2.1 Pro issues

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

SWT 1.2.1 Pro issues

Postby elil » Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:41 am

Hi,
First I must compliment you on a great product, it is already saving us development time. :lol:
Here are a few issues with the new 1.2.1 version:

1. Test... doesn't work with Component Editor :(
2. WizardPage test... appears mixed up (all fields are duplicated) :?
3. Forms gets mixed up with JFace Viewers :cry: (It should attach to the internal widget)
Eli
elil

Re: SWT 1.2.1 Pro issues

Postby Eric Clayberg » Tue Nov 11, 2003 2:10 pm

elil wrote:1. Test... doesn't work with Component Editor :(

Do you mean the Composite Editor? If so, tha tisn't hooked up to do anything yet (not sure what it should do).

elil wrote:2. WizardPage test... appears mixed up (all fields are duplicated) :?
3. Forms gets mixed up with JFace Viewers :cry: (It should attach to the internal widget)

Please send test cases for these two to support@swt-designer.com. If we can reproduce the problem, we can probably fix it right away.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Postby admin » Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:33 pm

elil wrote:Hi,
First I must compliment you on a great product, it is already saving us development time. :lol:
Here are a few issues with the new 1.2.1 version:

1. Test... doesn't work with Component Editor :(

Ok, now implemented.

elil wrote:2. WizardPage test... appears mixed up (all fields are duplicated) :?

Ok, fixed.

elil wrote:3. Forms gets mixed up with JFace Viewers :cry: (It should attach to the internal widget)

Still don't understand, please describe it with more details or/and send test case.
admin

Postby elil » Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:56 pm

Thanks for the quick reply and fixes , when will they be available?
I must complement you guys on the speed of your support, you havn't let me down yet! :D

3. Try the following:
    Create a New SWT Application with FormLayout.
    Put a TreeViewer and expand the bottom.
    Now put anouther TreeViewer to the Right of the first TreeViewer.
    Try Expanding the bottom, till it reaches the same size as the first viewer(a line appears) -> The widget becomes zero height.
    Now try to attach left of second TreeViewer to first TreeViewer -> the code gets messed up
    Try to delete the TreeViewers -> Nothing happens

Do the same with Trees (Not Viewers) everything works fine

Basicly the code for the Layout for Viewers should always connect to internal widget
Code: Select all
TreeViewer.getTree()
Eli
elil

Postby admin » Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:56 am

elil wrote:Thanks for the quick reply and fixes , when will they be available?
I must complement you guys on the speed of your support, you havn't let me down yet! :D

Well, this depends on meny factors, sometimes we are fast, sometimes we need more time to detect problem...
I can not promise, when we will upload new version, but new beta version will be published in nearest future.

elil wrote:3. Try the following:

Basicly the code for the Layout for Viewers should always connect to internal widget
Code: Select all
TreeViewer.getTree()

Yes, this is bug.
I've fixed it partly, so now you will able attach one Viewer to another Viewer. But it is possible that you will have problem with parsing this source next time. :-) We will consider this bug a bit later.
admin

Return to SWT Designer