How to profile a WebSphere App Server (v. 6.1)

CodePro Profiler allows you to find performance bottlenecks, memory leaks and threading issues in a painless and intuitive manner.

Moderators: gnebling, jwren, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, Brian Wilkerson, ppetrochenko, Ilya

How to profile a WebSphere App Server (v. 6.1)

Postby SilentWater » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:35 am

Hi,

I use RAD v.7.5 an I have successfully installed the CodePro Profiling tool. But I cannot use the tool with the Websphere App Server. Is there a special plugin to work with the WAS or is there a documentation how to use Code pro Profiling with the WAS?
SilentWater

Re: How to profile a WebSphere App Server (v. 6.1)

Postby gnebling » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:48 am

It appears that the WAS launch delegates ignores the parameters required to launch the Profiler. We're still investigating this and we'll let you know when we have a fix or a workaround.
gnebling

Postby AlvarHanso » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:09 am

Hi,

I got the same Problem, i want to profile an EAR on WAS 6.1 using RAD 7.0 as IDE.
I installed the neweset release (Profiler 2.1) When I want to profile, the Wizard only offers me an apache tomcat server. When i choose "Manually define a new Server" in the run Wizard of the Profiler I can choose the Webshpere v6.1 Server, but there only appears an Error Dialog with following message: "Could not find a client that is able to launch the selection".

@ gnebling: Are these Problems with the WAS launch you mentioned still there in the new 2.1 release of the Profiler?
And if not, is there a tutorial how to profile an EAR on WAS 6.1?
AlvarHanso

Postby gnebling » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:16 pm

Thanks for the inquiry. We're still investigating possible solutions for profiling WAS. We'll post an update here when we have something for you to try.
gnebling

Return to CodePro Profiler